The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had any problems with the bolt NOT staying open after the last round being expelled? Mine used to. I clean my pistol as recommended all the time and it won't blowback like it should. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
18,255 Posts
Does it just not do it when you shoot the gun dry, or will it also not work if you put an empty mag in the gun and pull the slide back?

Have you tried a different magazine?

And, finally, have you changed ammo? Maybe the stuff you use now is not as strong as the stuff you used to use, when it did lock back, and it is pushing the slide far enough to cycle the gun, but NOT QUITE far enough to lock back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only way it stays open is when I hold the button to keep it open. Whether it be dry or fired. The ammo never made a difference. It shot it all with no hiccups. (I did have a couple of duds not firing but blame that on the manufacturer)

·
Registered
562 Posts
If it is a new firearm I'd recommend sending it back to Ruger for warranty repair. The bolt hold open tends to wear after a while which would cause it to stop functioning. A weak magazine spring could also be the culprit. Either way, sending it to Ruger is probably the best bet if it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Spray the heck out of the bolt hold open. I have had that problem only when the gun is really dirty. If you move the bolt release and feel a little grit try cleaning that up. Worked for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.