The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Sweet gun indeed. Is it a shooter or do you just take it out of the vault and fondle it?

·
Registered
964 Posts
She's a beauty indeed!

My best buddy had one in high school and we would shoot it and my S & W model 19 nearly every weekend. It always amazed me how robustly built his gun was in comparison to mine.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Wait a minute- just had this strange craving for mint ice cream:tapfoot::tapfoot::tapfoot::tapfoot::tapfoot: Highboy!!!!

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On a serious note. When they came out with the 50th Year Anniversary Ruger Blackhawk .357 (1955-2005), I wanted two. The reason I wanted two was because I could. That seemed reasonable to me. So I bought two of them. Then I ran into a guy that had a Ruger 3 Screw 41 mag, serial number 9XXX, 12 shots total fired through it, and he was the original owner. He wanted to trade me a 50th Anniversary Ruger for his 3 Screw. DONE!!! I was down to one so, as soon as I saw another 50th Aniversary I bought it so I would have two. Why? Because I could. Then, I went into Sportsman's and they had a 50th year anniversary model, but this one had gold every where. The trigger, hammer, cylinder, and on the bottom of the handgrip frame says "1 of 500" in gold. I bought it, because I could. :D

In the pic. Top right, 1 of 500, unfired. Top left, 50th anniversary, unfired, but will be a shooter. Bottom, 50th anniversary that's been packed, shot, tortured, taken hunting, and I will eventually get it so worn that it will have a rustic look on it. That is when they look so good.

The 50th anniversary on the top left, I will eventually have it customized and it will be a shooter. can't wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
It amazes me how many Ruger pistols you own. (I have only one:)) I'd sure love to have the one in the bottom of your picture though. That looks exactly like my buddy's back in high school.

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It amazes me how many Ruger pistols you own. (I have only one:)) I'd sure love to have the one in the bottom of your picture though. That looks exactly like my buddy's back in high school.
Thanks garydude. I know they aren't the desire of most shooters but I have a good time with them. I began shooting my first Ruger Single Six when I was in the third grade and since then I have always been addicted to them. I have shot many hand guns in my life but I enjoy these the most. When I was a teenager I packed everything me father owned and I liked the Ruger SA's the best. My father had enough guns when I was growing up that he could have opened his own gun shop with his own inventory so I eventually shot most makes of handguns throughout my life. I like them all but I must say my Ruger's are my favorite.

·
TFFWPP President
14,287 Posts
funny how a nice gun looks even better next to a ...

1 of 500?! I'd have been all over that like stink on sh*t

are those old ice cream cartons starting to stink?

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
funny how a nice gun looks even better next to a ...

1 of 500?! I'd have been all over that like stink on sh*t

are those old ice cream cartons starting to stink?
I was wondering when you were gonna come hopping a long. How you doin? By the way, those cartons are full, and so am I. The one on the right has never been open. The one on the left is now empty. :D

·
Registered
964 Posts
Highboy I should have clarified-I'm amazed at how many pistols you own and delighted that so many are Rugers. I'm certainly a fan.

As it worked out I have one high standard, one Ruger, three S & Ws, and since the give away a Heratige. Quite a mismatch, but love 'em all.

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Highboy I should have clarified-I'm amazed at how many pistols you own and delighted that so many are Rugers. I'm certainly a fan.

As it worked out I have one high standard, one Ruger, three S & Ws, and since the give away a Heratige. Quite a mismatch, but love 'em all.
Your the best garydude. I knew what you were saying and I have always known that you have an appreciation for them. I appreciated your compliment. Also, I know you enjoy ice cream. :D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I love the 1 of 500 with the gold inlay. I have all of the 50th anniversary models except for the bearcat.

The one with the wood grips is my John Wayne 44-40 and the auto with the white grips is the special edition NRA

·
Registered
71 Posts
I will buy a six shooter only thing under radar

1 - 20 of 40 Posts