The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
$350 to $400 depending on the buyer....great pistol.
WOW, at that price I promise I will buy ( at the higher price ) the first 50 that become available, and that will be hard to do since there are only 9 confirmed to exist. I believe you have this GP-100 confused with the standard GP-100 3" KGPF-331 MODEL #1715.

3/2 STA SS - thank you for trying.

Happy Trails, RME

· Registered
3,584 Posts
It's worth whatever someone will pay for it.
Book value hasn't changed on it since you asked last fall both here and on a few other forums on the net. http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=115374

If you find a Ruger collector looking for that sub-model then they might pay a premium for it, but otherwise it's book value.
No different than the discontinued KSP-241 that I still own or the discontinued KSP-3241 that I sold several years ago. Both of those are fairly scarce models too, but if you go to sell or trade one they will market for book value unless you find the right person looking for one.

Back to your other thread last fall, I did dig through my old Ruger catalogs but 1998 is the earliest one I still have except for the 1981. No listing for the KGP-131.

One of the local fellows that bought one of the 131s that sold in the shop I was working at back in the 80s-90s is still alive. I called him last night in hopes of getting some pics to a sister of your "ghost Ruger" but he traded it a few years back at a shop in Aberdeen SD. It was an off-duty carry gun for him so it did have some holster wear on it.
I don't remember who bought the second one we had...that's nearly 25 years ago.
Those two 3"s came in on the same order but I don't know which distributor it would've came from. We used a lot of small distributors besides the normal big houses.
I wanted to buy the other one when they came in but I was under 21 at the time and the folks wouldn't sign for me.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Bindernut, good to hear from you again. Like I said, I'll buy them all day long for $400 or even $450.00. I have found good solid information that there are only 9 known to exist so I would think that would make them kinda scarce. Will you please show me the source of the book value you refer to on this model? Supply and demand would suggest pulling a worth price out of thin air with nothing at all to compare it to does not apply here. Whatever a collector would pay for it might but they also would have nothing to compare it to. I thought that posting here again since time has passed since my last post, maybe someone would have a little new information on this model. If anyone knows of this model GP-100 being sold anywhere, please let me know any available information that can be confirmed, and if anyone knows of anyone that has this same GP-100 model, please PM me with info.

Thanks,

RME

· Registered
3,584 Posts
The accepted standard pricing guide is Fjestad's Blue Book where is where most folks get their prices from. Basically, they're the NADA or Kelley Blue Book of the firearms world.
But...they are a retail value guide too not a collector's guide. And as you're finding out, production number info on specific Ruger sub-models is pretty hard to come by, so they are one of the makers that the Blue Book has very little sub-model/variant price breakdowns on.
http://bluebookofgunvalues.com/
They currently show stainless GPs at $600 for excellent condition which I personally question since you can buy any of the current catalog GPs brand-new for that price.

It's real hard to put a specific value on collectibles in general until there is an established market for the particular model.
The GP is one of those since it's a fairly new design (late-1985 release) and it's still in production. It's just not one of those things that have really caught the collectors eye yet.
And sometimes low-production or low-survivorship isn't a factor either if there is no collector interest in the model.

About the only way to really get the collectible value of your GP is to put it up on auction where you know there will be Ruger collectors present.
Otherwise, probably all you're going to find is a book value. And unless there is an established market, that's what most people are going to pay. That is until you get two people in the room that want the same gun bad enough and they set the price.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The accepted standard pricing guide is Fjestad's Blue Book where is where most folks get their prices from. Basically, they're the NADA or Kelley Blue Book of the firearms world.
But...they are a retail value guide too not a collector's guide. And as you're finding out, production number info on specific Ruger sub-models is pretty hard to come by, so they are one of the makers that the Blue Book has very little sub-model/variant price breakdowns on.
http://bluebookofgunvalues.com/
They currently show stainless GPs at $600 for excellent condition which I personally question since you can buy any of the current catalog GPs brand-new for that price.

It's real hard to put a specific value on collectibles in general until there is an established market for the particular model.
The GP is one of those since it's a fairly new design (late-1985 release) and it's still in production. It's just not one of those things that have really caught the collectors eye yet.
And sometimes low-production or low-survivorship isn't a factor either if there is no collector interest in the model.

About the only way to really get the collectible value of your GP is to put it up on auction where you know there will be Ruger collectors present.
Otherwise, probably all you're going to find is a book value. And unless there is an established market, that's what most people are going to pay. That is until you get two people in the room that want the same gun bad enough and they set the price.
Bindernut, Excellent reply.

Thank You Sir,
HAPPY TRAILS - RME

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.