The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TFFWPP President
14,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a customer I have known for 6 years stopped in today to have me work on his Caravan and mentioned how his pistol is very dirty from being left under the seat. He asked if I could clean it up for him and I said I would. Then after removing the grips I noticed the plastic is all broken and one of the screws no longer has anything to bite onto.

I need to find factory grips. are they available anywhere? this guy is a simpleton and doesn't want anything fancy.

·
Registered
21,112 Posts
What about a set of Hogue grips for it? They are rubber, and would probably hold up better when riding under the seat in his van. Just a thought.

Tim
I agree 100%

I just bought a Houge finger grip for my Mark 2 (by mistake) on Midway, I thought it was a slip on type grip cover

Well, I decided to try it out anyway and WOW, I took my factory grips off and put them in a drawer. The Hogues fit great, use the factor screws and make the gun feel awesome

·
TFFWPP President
14,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I told him he could either buy some Hogue grips at a LGS for $22 or scrap the gun and I would pay him the $200 he has into it. He should have the grips to me tomorrow afternoon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.