The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mark ii that is not drilled and tapped and I now want to get a red dot sight for it. I was wondering if anyone has used the mounts that are one screw that screw into where the rear sight is or what you have done?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I bought a mount 15 plus years ago from B Squared and I just emailed them to see if it's still in production for you. You remove both front and rear sights and screw the mount on, I didn't want to drill and tap mine. I'll keep you posted when they respond to me.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Nice looking gun there Ruger. My sr 1911 is going bye bye tomorrow. A guy I worked with has been pestering for me to sell it to him. He offered me 800 for it and he was relentless. I told him to wait and he doesnt want to so I will wait until I find another. Hes getting mine tomorrow. How could i pass this up?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nice looking gun there Ruger. My sr 1911 is going bye bye tomorrow. A guy I worked with has been pestering for me to sell it to him. He offered me 800 for it and he was relentless. I told him to wait and he doesnt want to so I will wait until I find another. Hes getting mine tomorrow. How could i pass this up?
I was waiting for the SR1911s to show up here in Penna during the fall of 2011 but they rarely did. The more I thought about it I decided to buy a Glock instead since 9mm ammo is cheaper and all I wanted it for was the target range. I bought the Model 34 Gen 4 and have never regreted it. I already have a 45 Colt Combat Commander for any unwanted visitors at my home so I went with the Glock.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I remember we talked about that Walt, I dont think you made a bad decision on the Glock. I hear people down talk them all the time bu tany one I have ever shot was smooth and did what it was supposed to do. Although they may have issues at times it will last forever as long as you dont abuse it. Just something about the 1911 that makes you want more. I think Im the first person I know that has sold one they owned for no reason other than a friend wanted it. They will come around again and I will get another but right now he wanted it more than I did. I think im going to shoot Friday at the club its going to be 57 degrees. Ill probably shoot steels so I dont have to leave the cover of the roof but it will be a good day out. If you want to hook up and shoot some let me know maybe we can get together. I won a reflex site in the Christmas giveaways I may throw that on my MKII or MKIII and site it in. TTYL

·
Registered
383 Posts
I remember we talked about that Walt, I dont think you made a bad decision on the Glock. I hear people down talk them all the time bu tany one I have ever shot was smooth and did what it was supposed to do. Although they may have issues at times it will last forever as long as you dont abuse it. Just something about the 1911 that makes you want more. I think Im the first person I know that has sold one they owned for no reason other than a friend wanted it. They will come around again and I will get another but right now he wanted it more than I did. I think im going to shoot Friday at the club its going to be 57 degrees. Ill probably shoot steels so I dont have to leave the cover of the roof but it will be a good day out. If you want to hook up and shoot some let me know maybe we can get together. I won a reflex site in the Christmas giveaways I may throw that on my MKII or MKIII and site it in. TTYL
How r u healing? I promise to hook up this year with you either at my range or yours. Put it on your MKIII, I'd like to shoot it. Mine's a Mark II

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Im not healing ruger, My next move will be a shoulder replacement but not for a while. My back is shot and now my legs and feet are beginning to go numb from nerve damage in the back. Its going to be a long winter I can just tell.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Im not healing ruger, My next move will be a shoulder replacement but not for a while. My back is shot and now my legs and feet are beginning to go numb from nerve damage in the back. Its going to be a long winter I can just tell.
I'm so very sorry to hear this. This spring you and myself are going to meet for the first time and send lead downrange, that I promise!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
i have a scope rail for a mark11 bull barrel that id sell for 20.00.it uses the rear sight and has a two piece frount that goes around the barrel. old semperfi

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I just mounted the BSA holographic site I won in the Christmas give aways to my MKIII. I looked at the MKII and it is already drilled and tapped for a Weaver 5/8 dovetail rail, The rear sight does not need to be removed on my MKII. Going to the range hopefully tomorrow to sight it in and see how I like it. So far so good but I havent squeezed any off with it yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts