Ruger Mark III Information Please

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by MrDave3D, May 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MrDave3D

MrDave3D New Member

Hello,

I have been looking to purchase another pistol lately and after a lot of thinking I have decided to go with the Ruger Mark II/ And or the Mark III.

I have been studying a lot about the pistol over the weeks and I am ready to purchase the firearm.

What do they go for on average retail new?
    Looking for just the Stand Mark III.

Also, I go to a lot of gun shows to buy guns and curious anyone know how much they run on average for a Standard Mark III in good condition. $250.00 or so?

Well, Thanks for any information folks.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Well-Known Member

A Mark III standard with no bull barrel 4 1/2 inch around 235 to 260 you will enjoy the gun when you get it.

3. pawn

pawn Active Member

4. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    I think you'll like the new features on the MK III. It now has a button mag release as apposed to the heel type release on the earlier MKs. Also has the nice feature of having the gun on safety and still being able to load/unload round in the chamber. It also has a chamber loaded indicator, so you know when it has a round ready to go. The only drawback as I see it is the old plastic grips. There are plenty of aftermarket grips available. The stainless steel versions are real attractive, especially with cocobolo grips. You really can't go wrong with a Ruger. Very well made and affordable pistol. Thanks Pawn for the link. TJ

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  5. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

What Teejay9 said--+1:D

6. MrDave3D

MrDave3D New Member

Thanks for all the great information, Local firearm shooting range has the Ruger MKIII to rent.

So before I go and purchase it here soon I am going tonight to test fire the weapon.
    Thanks again everyone.

Dave,

7. MrDave3D

MrDave3D New Member

Well, I went to the gun range today and test fired the Ruger MKIII.
    I liked it a lot, After I got done shooting it I went over to the case to take a look at the Stainless version.

While I was there I found a new love for the Browning Buckmark.

Who has the Buckmark .22 and what is your overall review.

8. starman

starman New Member

Your doing just what I did teetering between two nice handguns. The Rugers all stainless 6 7/8" fluted bull barrel w/ fiber optic finally won out, and the cocobola grips didn't hurt. Both the Ruger Hunter / Taget and the Browning are nice handguns so either way you will be happy. I put a scope on my Ruger and its a real tack driver. So flip a coin and take the plunge. My brother just bought the Browning so I'm anxious to see how it shoots.

9. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

I have a Buckmark and I really like it. It points well, is very accurate, it's easy to clean. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

10. Chuck B

Chuck B New Member

I just purchased the Rugar Mk III 22/45 and like it allot so far. It's blued and has a 5 1/2 bull barrel. There aren't nearly as many grip options with the 22/45 but that's the grip angle I prefer as it matches my 1911.

Used to have a Buckmark Camper. Very good pistol. Can't go wrong with either one. Get what feels the best and has best natural point of aim. Both are accurate and will last many years.

cb

11. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I like miine and I will never part with it. Of corse I got a lot of added features with mine and had some custome work done to it.

12. pawn

pawn Active Member

13. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Well-Known Member

Bobitis thanks for the link. I love the Rugers and seems the people there do to. Lots of info here and there I may need two monitors and a new life after finding these two forums. JUNK

14. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Thanks Bobitis! I really like the pics of the different Rugers. All that is except the Sparkle Bright finished one.:eek::eek: