Ruger or Beretta U22NEOS ???

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns Guest

milmat1
    (1/13/03 8:06:14 pm)
    Reply Ruger or Beretta U22NEOS ???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After shooting my 10/22 i am wanting a pistol. went to the local candy store, Looked at a nice MK11 ruger 6in. bull barrel flat side with the thumbrest walnut stock $400.00 as well as the single six $280.00(.22LR & .22mag). Then the dealer showed me a beretta U-22-NEOS .22LR auto. Said it was a new model. And i must say as much as i like rugers that gun was impressive and the same price as the single six. Stainless finish 6 in. with a scope rail and adj. sights.
    I thought i would get some input before deciding. I want a target pistol, not for compitition (yet). Does it even compare to the rugers i mentioned ? Anyone shot the U22 ? if so tell me what you think.
    MATT

Jbobin
    (1/15/03 8:08:14 pm)
    Reply RE: 22 choice
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is an article on:

www.gun-tests.com

comparing the Neos, Smith 22A-1, and the Walther P22.

Basically it states that the guns are about equals in accuracy, but go about it quite differently at different price points.

Good article, you can buy it online and then print it out. I did it before I bought an old Winchester Model 69A and it was money well spent. The articles give a picture with measurements and specs on each including accuracy, length of pull, weight and trigger pull measurements and more. They do this for old used guns and new guns.

Jb

FPH
    (1/28/03 10:12:48 am)
    Reply Re: RE: 22 choice
    We bought the Neos for my wife several months ago. She enjoys shooting it. It is a good plinking 22 comparable to low end Rugers. This is not a target 22 and does not claim to be.

The Neo is easy to clean and maintain. My only complaint is the small size grip. If you do not have a large hand it will not matter.

z537z
    (2/11/03 12:53:47 am)
    Reply gun tests article
    Hey JB I'm broke (and lazy): Did you happen to buy that article? If so, mind emailing it to me?

Let me know.

_z

wsmc667
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/12/03 2:44:28 am)
    Reply Re: gun tests article
    i got that ruger mkii comp and really like it. i've got money i can spend on things, but i lean to the thrifty side. i decided that since i planned on never selling my 22, that i may as well get among the best for the $$$. basically, the only logical step up from the mkii target is in the 4 figure range. i don't need a race gun, so i got mah little plinker... couple thousand rounds later and i'm still super happy with it!!

chris in sandy eggo

Jbobin
    (2/13/03 10:06:14 am)
    Reply Neos
    Hey Z,
    What is your email address, I checked your profile and couldn't get it....

Jb

z537z
    (2/13/03 4:13:50 pm)
    Reply Re: Neos
    send anything to
    [email protected]

Thanks J!

_z