The Firearms Forum banner

Ruger P95DC

Tags
ruger
2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  wpage 
#1 ·
This has been my favorite since 97 accurate reliable and simple to clean 9mm and made in the USA!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Good questions.
When I was looking wanted something that had a good pull which this has. Also fit my hand well. Its double action so of course its got two different pulls which are both decent by the way.
The best things of course were cost at the time for me $350.00 out the door. Its simplicity to break down was the closer. After thousands of rounds and many cleanings.
Its a snap to completely break down for cleaning and put together.

Never a problem. You cant beat it. With composite and SS it is impervious to elements. Here at the shore the elements are rough.

#5 ·
It has ambidextrous de-cocking...
Yes .
John see if you can get a try it buy it type deal on the P944. That way if you dont like it you may be able to work out something. Talk to your guy about it.

#6 ·
Thanks for the info. I think it may be easy to decide on the P944. They sound like great workhorse guns.

Do you de-cock yours before holstering it?
I have a P94 in 40 S&W before they started calling it a P944 and it is accurate and totally reliable. I use it as a night stand gun and it shoots to point of aim at 25 yards with a 155 gr bullet. I have put thousands of rounds thru it and it has never missed a beat. I haven't tried to use it for a CCW because I use an SP101 and that carries well for me.

I do decock mine as you move it to safe and it decocks.

#7 ·
I have a P94 in 40 S&W before they started calling it a P944 and it is accurate and totally reliable. I use it as a night stand gun and it shoots to point of aim at 25 yards with a 155 gr bullet. I have put thousands of rounds thru it and it has never missed a beat. I haven't tried to use it for a CCW because I use an SP101 and that carries well for me.

I do decock mine as you move it to safe and it decocks.
Sounds like your P94 is a winner as well. Never met a Ruger I didnt like!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.