The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a early-80's Ruger Security Six .357 with 6" bbl. It's stainless steel finished with some type of aftermarket wooden grips ( attractive). It is in excelent condition. I have been thinking of selling/trading. Any ideas on value? Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,911 Posts
You need to read the sticky.On the top of the forum you are in.It say's read before you post.
We need pictures to give you any info.
Mike

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I thought perhaps a "Ballpark"

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Ballpark-$500
Need pics......always need pics.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Also, tell us what series it is. What is the number before the dash? Probably a 150 or 151. It makes a difference in the value.

·
Registered
17,764 Posts
500? For a Security Six? Wow. They musta REALLY made a price jump.

·
Premium Member
9,911 Posts
500? For a Security Six? Wow. They musta REALLY made a price jump.
I'm with you on this;)
At 100% it is only worth $400.
And this one does not have the original grips that puts it under the 100% price.
Mike
PS. I am still waiting to see pictures.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I agree w/ Alpo & Goofy on the stated value. They are great guns though, had one in blue several yrs. ago, bought it at a g.s. for $200. Well built, but it was not a Smith or a Colt that's for sure. I see them around at sport auctions, & g.s.'s going for generally around $350 for the stainless ones & $50-75 less for the blued versions.

·
Registered
17,764 Posts
I was thinking maxing closer to three. A 4" is more popular, so it would probably get a little more money than a 6. Might get 350 for one of them.

·
Registered
17,764 Posts
What y'all think? Herrett Jordan Troopers?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Alpo-
Good call.....I'm thinkin $300 all day long also.. now that the pics are up....maybe $350 if IT had the 4" tube.. with a bit of trigger work and better sights....they are keepers though...good, well built handguns.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the input guys I appreciate it. I feel beter, I traded it straight up for a Glock 17 Gen 3 that is nice as well. :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know mike, around here the gen 3's are going for 425-475 everywhere.

·
Registered
17,764 Posts
I don't think he was talking about a monetary loss, with that "traded down" remark.

More like "you traded a Mercedes for a Yugo. You traded down".

And I agree.

·
Premium Member
9,911 Posts
I don't think he was talking about a monetary loss, with that "traded down" remark.

More like "you traded a Mercedes for a Yugo. You traded down".

And I agree.
Yep! That's what I ment;)
Mike

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh.... Well I wouldn't argue there guys. I like the old Rugers and I'm not into Glocks at all, however these were traders and I'm really only looking at dollars, not anything I want in my collection.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts