The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,727 Posts
I had one in the shop that did that same thing. It escapes me exactly what the issue was but it was repairable wo even replacing anything.

· Registered
3,727 Posts
The ruger carbine runs much like a semi auto shot gun. (think Rem 11-87) its tube fed. When the gun fires, the bolt carrier moves the cartridge stop and the next round loads on to the carrier (or lifter) at the back of the carrier is a trip lever that allows the carrier unlock and move upwards and the bolt to move forward. If no round is in the tube then the trip lever is never hit and the bolt stays back bc the carrier stays down and it intercepts a notch in the bolt holding it in place. The one I fixed a while back was a bad cartridge stop timing. i the cartridge stop was interfering with the feed of the next round, slowing it down. Broken mag tube spring could also be a problem. If its weak it wont feed the next round with enough force to hit the trip lever nor fully feed the round to the carrier. The final thing could be trip lever is bound to the carrier for some reason and does not break away easily. The gun is easy to strip but repair of the trigger group and the timing can be rather tricky

· Registered
3,727 Posts
many times thats the case. the ruger carbine was never real sensitive to being dirty. Gas piston was about it but it would cause a cycle issue. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.