The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the longest time the 92fs was my favorite 9mm handgun for a full size. Well, it has competition for favorite 9mm. The SR9's trigger is a step behind the M&P series IMHO but the dang thing points like it is the sixth finger that has been missing from hand my whole life. Its a dang nail driver, accurate as heck. The SR9 was a real surprise to me, seriously. It just points so naturally for me that I bet I could shoot it pretty well without the sights. I was just in awe of the inherent accuracy. And, thinking back, I think it had less felt recoil than the Beretta. But enough talk, on to the videos

The Beretta:

VIDEO: 9mm Beretta 92fs

The Ruger:

VIDEO: 9mm Ruger SR9

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Ruger has improved the SR9 since it first came out, it is a very nice pistol. The SR9c, compact version is every bit as good too.
Nice review.

·
Super Moderator
28,128 Posts
The Ruger seems to hold a tighter grouping than the Beretta. Nice shooting there. I'm surprised that the Ruger had less recoil feel being that it should be quite a bit lighter in weight than the Beretta.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Ruger seems to hold a tighter grouping than the Beretta. Nice shooting there. I'm surprised that the Ruger had less recoil feel being that it should be quite a bit lighter in weight than the Beretta.
I think its the Ruger's greater slide mass over the Beretta.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Loving this SR9

14 yards with Fiocchi Extrema 124gr XTP JHP:

VIDEO: 9mm Ruger SR9

25 yards with Fiocchi Extrema 124gr XTP JHP. Not bad at 25 yards with this new gun. I love this SR9.

VIDEO:9mm Ruger SR9

·
Premium Member
19,878 Posts
I have the Beretta 92 and love it. I like the all steel guns the best. My son has the Ruger SR9c. I don't care for the feel in my hand but I must agree it shoots a little tighter group than my 92.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the Beretta M9 and love it. The fit of the gun in my hand, reliability shot after shot, recoil, weight, sights, and accuracy. I stopped liking rugers when they quit making the old model SAA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts