The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum but not to firearms. I just traded a Taurus 380 TCP plus $200 for a nice looking SKS. I wanted to know what it's worth and if it was a decent deal.

The SKS is Russian made Tula all matching numbers on stock, trigger guard, barrel, receiver and so on. The stock is in good shape, a few scratches and it is not laminated, original finish. Barrel has a matte blue to it, the bayonet is original and it has the sling. Also has original tool kit in butt and stainless bolt.

I tried to list all I could about it detail wise. It does have the importers mark CDI. Looks like it has never been fired. I was just wondering how much these are going for in today's market. Thanks, Jesse.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
Original Russian SKS's go higher than the Chinese ones. Sounds to me like it was a fair deal and you may have come out a little on the plus side. The Taurus as a used pistol would have been worth a bit less than 200 since new ones can be bought for 229. Figure then you have the SKS with the bayonet for around 350. With the original cleaning kit in it the value of the SKS is at least that.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have a 1951 SKS in unissued condition. It comes with an original Russian canvas rifle case nd cleaning tools. I haven't put it up for sale yet, but I expect to get $800 for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks amx4080, that link really helped. Looks like I came out ahead on the deal considering I only paid $185 for the Taurus 2 years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts