S&W 629

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/18/02 6:05:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All S&W 629
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hay Guys,
    I picked up a 629, 4" , pinned and recessed, Serial N841###.

Is there a way to date from this?

Thanks,
    Jeff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!"
    Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign

amax50robar
    (10/19/02 10:17:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del link to a smith specific site
    There should be someone at the following link who can specifically answer your question with a date:

www.smith-wessonforum.com

Edited by: amax50robar at: 10/19/02 11:55:01 pm

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/19/02 11:24:28 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: link to a smith specific site
    Boomatic -

Toss your question up in the "What's it Worth" forum - someone will answer.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/20/02 9:23:19 am)
    Boomatic. in 1978, approx. 100 guns were manufactured pinned and recessed. Serial range 620,XXX -748,880.
    I hope this helps.
    In this age where truth is fleeting and mass manipulation is common, the ability to detect when something doesn't make sense is a valuable one.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/21/02 9:21:57 am)
    Seen a Colt Anaconda .44 mag SS FS with 4 inch barrel...$700.

The 629 must have been under that price and I would rather have it than the snake. Besides, already got a 6 incher snake...but the 4 inch looked neato.

GG

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/21/02 11:52:35 am)
    Yeah, I had posted it already in the S&W forum...just thought I'd do it both places. There are obviously knowledgeable folks in both. It was identified as being in the 1981 serial number group. It had only 50 rounds through it in all that time. Got stuck back in the presentation box and stored.

Oh well...gone anyway. I sold it at the show for $500. I guess I am a big wuss, but those 4" are a bit too much for me!

"A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!"
    Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign