The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. It has some scratches but very light. The only markings are the serial: BJH xxxx. Mod. 686-3 and the letter s sideways behind the ejector rod. Crown and muzzle are excellent.

· Registered
18,462 Posts
Y'know, the first time I saw a gun with "THE LOCK", I didn't even notice the hole. I saw the arrow,and thought it was a scratch. Brand-damn-new gun, with a big scratch on the side. :eek:

· Registered
18,462 Posts
2001 or 2. Depends on the model of gun.

The lock came into existence after Tompkins PLC, the British company that owned Smith, sold it to an Arizona company called Saf-T-Hammer in May of 2001. Tompkins had made a deal with Slick Willie, and it was so anti-gun that Smith about went belly-up. Tompkins had paid 112 million for it, and sold it for 15. The new owners threw the Clinton agreement out the window. BUT, they put on the lock.

· Registered
18,462 Posts
As per post #2, without seeing it, we got no idea.

That's why you need to post pictures. Good, clear, sharp, non-glary, pictures.

· Registered
18,462 Posts
I just went and looked at my 625 (all Smiths that start with a 6 are stainless steel). There's an S inside the ejector rod shroud. I never knew that.

Possibly it is to mark it as stainless, so nobody accidentally puts a stainless barrel on a nickel gun, or vice-versa.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.