Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

S&W FBI Model 1076

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/30/02 11:30:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    OK, Now I Need a Little Help...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    S&W 1076, non-catalogued FBI issue. Correct FBI box markings, slide inscription is correct, features are correct. Do I remember these being offered on the market as refurbs after the FBI turned them back in to S&W?

Have a deal working for one, but want to make sure I'm not swinging... Is there a collector niche for this pistol I'm not aware of?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Zigzag2
    (1/31/02 6:38:38 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: OK, Now I Need a Little Help...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Goodmorning AD, you pose a good question. I recall the early 90's when law enforcement were going through the gun exchanges. And would suspect the FBI 1076 would fetch a percentage higher. I'm sure you'll do fine

Zig

LIKTOSHOOT
    (1/31/02 9:23:27 am)
    This is simple......whens the last time you saw one for sale??
    100% Niche collector, and collect they will. You won`t have that baby long!! The other one that list is the 4506, one of the best .45acp`s for carry ever made.....though not worth as much, it too is very desirable. Regards LTS

AntiqueDr
    (1/31/02 9:30:25 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: OK, Now I Need a Little Help...
    I figured that part, but will it bring $700? THAT's the real question I guess. I know regular 1076's wont...

www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    (1/31/02 9:45:52 am)
    I would think so, FBI guns have always brought premiums. LTS

Xracer
    (1/31/02 5:17:41 pm)
    Well, I'm certainly no expert on gun values, but I think if you want to hang on to this, the FBI provinance will certainly help it increase in value over time.

I know that Colt 1917s with RCMP markings and old shotguns marked "Wells Fargo" command a premium.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/31/02 11:24:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Doc,

I think it will bring $700.00 easily, my guess is
    at auction I'll bet it will hit $800.00 or close
    to it!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

needleace
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/1/02 4:29:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Doc-
    My current Blue Book has the (non FBI) 1076 at $645/100%.
    Surely, the FBI Refurb would weigh in b/t $750-900+. Your guess.

LTS, looked at a 4506 this past weekend at a gunshow and pondered it at $729. Looked good but very heavy and price was a little high.

ACE

LIKTOSHOOT
    (2/1/02 4:40:43 pm)
    Yep there a little on the heavy side, but no more so than most .45`s. They are built like a tank and reliable as heck. $700.00 is very steep, I see them ever once in a while from $350.00 to $500.00 depending on condition and whether they have night sights or not. You can beat a door down with one and it will still shoot. LTS

AntiqueDr
    (2/1/02 4:42:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Normal 1076's are moving in the $475 range. I'm taking a chance on this one, but I'm getting it.

www.apaxenterprises.com

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/13/02 9:00:14 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Well, TAC, you're right on. Last minute bidding war on the FBI 1076, it's at $805.

Guess I might make a dollar after all. Luck be a lady...

www.apaxenterprises.com

needleace
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/13/02 2:19:52 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Guess, I was near the total- I said $750-900. I tell you what too, Doc, I had to take a hard look at it, myself. Just don't care for the DAO though. But I really like the S/W 10mm's. The only gun I ever regretted selling was the 1006 I traded for a Glock23 about 6 years ago. Anyway, goodonya-Doc.