The Firearms Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this morning got into a trade with guy. He wanted my little 32rf spur trigger H&R Leader. I cut him a nice deal. No money involved. I got 3 bricks of Govt 22 Std Vel Target, manf Olin/ Win, 1 brick of CCI Std Vel Target, 1 brick Rem SP primers and 1 box Win 30/40 Krag. Well was pretty proud of myself, but now worried that with all that ammo I would put undue strain on my S&W 41s. Only smart thing I could see to do was deal up a extra m41. So I did. Now I may be a little in the hole. It did require some cash. Got bunch of goodies with it.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood stain

·
Registered
892 Posts
If mine had been that long barrel, I would have kept it.
The short barrel didn't "hold" right for me. It also had a disturbing torque.
I really like yours.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If mine had been that long barrel, I would have kept it.
The short barrel didn't "hold" right for me. It also had a disturbing torque.
I really like yours.
I bought a new m41 back in 68 or 69. I was right out of school and didn’t know jack. I got the 5” HB not because I picked it, that was what was in the case. I liked it but was more comfortable with a HI Standard Citation. Never had the original type 7 3/8”:barrel. About a year ago I got one just because the price was right. It’s my favorite and is tack driver. Actually all mine are or they would go down the road. Several are mint. The oldest scratched up one is the one I shoot. Turned out it was hand fitted special for S&W big wheel. I got letter with it so some owner paid $100 to find out it’s history,
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
The Ole Gun Crank
823 Posts
My 41 has shot thousands of Winchesters super X. shooting 10 round relays. It's the short barrel version.
I purchased it around 1980 to shoot NRA pistol comp. I wore out a couple magazines but the gun is in very good condition.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
till i read this i had never seen one. i like the looks of that gun, it is now on the "keep a look out for" list.
thanks for the post!

rick
If you get to shoot a full blown target pistol it will ruin your life. You will not have any use for plinker type guns. Problem is most are to cumbersome to carry for field use. In years past there were several American made high quality Match guns. Hi-Standard, Colt and Browning all made them. The 41 is the last survivor. Remember that $200 or $300 back in 60s was a tidy sum and many didn’t have that kind of money to spend on a 22 pistol. A Standard Ruger back then was $37.50 and that was a days pay for a lot of people.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Love my 41, with match grade ammo it will put em thru the same hole all day long.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DEM Yeh even seven is a good number, what is scribed on the frame of the one on the left.
25 years of service & the S&W employees name. Researched name and guy was one of the m41 smiths. I wasn’t happy with the bling of the gold inscription. It is on there with some kind of hi tech
method. It could be removed easily. That one will be trade bait for collector crowd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts