The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,292 Posts
That's my thought. The 10-1 was the introduction of the 4" heavy barrel.

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nope the 10-1 is a little different but now that I look I see that the 10-1 does have the removable pin in the hammer so maybe?
There are some parts that look the same and some that do not match the 10-1 so I am lost but will try a 10-1 pin and see if it fits.
I looked on the internet and found allot of questions regarding a 101 marking for model so there are a few out there I am wondering why they would make the same mistake over and over?
Thanks !
Mike
22 WRF I was correcting my post as you were typing I puled up the 10-1 and saw the hammer pin.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help everyone!!!!
It is a 10-1
Which leaves the question why is it marked 101 and the fact that there is allot of them stamped that way?
Mike

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Thanks for the help everyone!!!!
It is a 10-1
Which leaves the question why is it marked 101 and the fact that there is allot of them stamped that way?
Mike
Because the people who set up the numbers are human. If they ran off several hundred before the error was noted, well, they are not going to throw away several hundred frames just because the lack of a space between the Model number and the engineering change number.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts