S&W MOD 29

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by paxter, Apr 17, 2009.

1. paxter

paxter New Member

Good evening, I am thinking about selling my 44 and wanted to get some feedback about value before I go any further. MOD 29-3, 8 3/8, Blued, walnut grips. I bought it new in December 1985 and have the orig receipt and box. The pictures probably do not do it justice, but I would consider it in the 95-98% range. There is not a mark on it and I estimate 200 rounds fired through it at the most. Thanks for looking and any comments. I am not sure I want to do this because I know I can't replace it for what I have in it.

Attached Files:

2. ksummer70

ksummer70 New Member

dont think id sell.

3. muddober

muddober Active Member

There was just the other day a pinned and recessed in like condition of yours at Reno Schells for $800.00, which in my opinion is worth at least a $100.00 more than a gun that is not pinned and recessed. Also from the pictures it appears that someone perhaps tried to pry the slide plate off. Yes, no?

I hope that helps.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  4. paxter

paxter New Member

No, no one ever tried to pry on anything on this or any of my firearms. Thanks for the reply.