Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

S&W Texas Ranger Centennial

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

30cal
    (11/22/02 12:32:45 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All S&W Texas Ranger Centennial Pistol
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a friend who has a Smith & Wesson Texas Ranger Centennial .357 Mag (1873-1973) new in the box, unfired. I don't know what model it is but it is blued, not stainless and with a 6 inch barrel. It is in a wooden box with Texas Ranger symbol embossed on it. Anyone know what this might be worth?

Wheelgun
    (11/23/02 3:14:52 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del re: S&W Texas Ranger Commemorative
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    30cal,

The revolver that was used for these commemoratives was a Model 19-3, and as you could guess, were made in 1973.

A total of 10,000 of these revolvers were produced for the Centennial Anniversary of the Texas Rangers, and value depends on a few variables......

8,000 sets were sold which included a Bowie knife that was numbered with the serial number of the revolver.

1,950 of the revolvers were sold with just a presentation case, but without the knife.....

And finally, 50 were Class 'A' engraved and included both the knife and the presentation case....

The serial range for these guns was TR1-TR10000, with an interesting note that S# TR0820 was shipped with no rifling.

My reference lists a value of $650 for a "new in case" w/knife, but this should only be used as a ballpark figure and represents an average price that these had sold for at the time the book was published (2000).

Check the online gun auctions and classifieds to get an idea of what they're selling for in today's marketplace...