The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a S&W Victory .22 semi auto pistol . It doesn't have the treaded barrel . I heard about adapters that can be installed with set screws that would allow a non threaded barrel to be able use a suppressor . I saw one for a .22 S&W M&P but does not say if works on the Victory .Does any one have some input on this or do I need to start looking for a .22 with a threaded barrel or swap barrels on the one I got ?

·
Premium Member
12,384 Posts
I wish S&W would see fit to stop using old names for new handguns. Every time I see "Victory" or "M&P" I go looking for an old revolver and end up seeing that isn't at all what the post is about.....whine, whine..... :giggle:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ran into that myself a few times . Was thinking about get the old Victory once and would see a add for sale at a good price and click on it going goody goody goody then see it was the semi auto . Believe it or not that was how I finally bought the .22 !!!! After so long I started thinking that it was a nice little .22 plinker and got it !!! Guess it is like candy at the check stand in a store . I am so weak . :( :( :(

·
Registered
923 Posts
A new Victory threaded bbl is $60 at Numrich. BTW, the Victory is an excellent firearm.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need to start the process I guess before I get to far along into getting the OK stamp from Uncle Sam . Is the process the same if you buy or build a suppressor ? Saw some videos on making one and seems to be cheaper then buying one . BUT I also know sometimes it's better to pay a pro for something .

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
I need to start the process I guess before I get to far along into getting the OK stamp from Uncle Sam . Is the process the same if you buy or build a suppressor ? Saw some videos on making one and seems to be cheaper then buying one . BUT I also know sometimes it's better to pay a pro for something .
Big difference in time-
Form 1-15-30days-cost you about 150$+200$ to build a nice .22 suppressor
Form 4-6-18 months after buying 250-300$ suppressor paid for upfront
It's a .22,very simple,last forever suppressors,alum tube and cups.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can anyone point me to were to find the steps I need to go thru if I plan to build my own suppressor . Were to get the forms , who to send them to , do I wait to be cleared before paying for the stamp . I read somewhere and this is were I started to get lost a bit , I need the serial number of the suppressor I plan to build . So do I buy the parts first ? I thought it was best to wait . I need one of them "For Dummies" books on this !!!!!

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Can anyone point me to were to find the steps I need to go thru if I plan to build my own suppressor . Were to get the forms , who to send them to , do I wait to be cleared before paying for the stamp . I read somewhere and this is were I started to get lost a bit , I need the serial number of the suppressor I plan to build . So do I buy the parts first ? I thought it was best to wait . I need one of them "For Dummies" books on this !!!!!
EFILE-,,,gov/atf.com.....File asap if you're serious....pay online.....get stamp

·
Super Moderator
26,948 Posts
@zant Isn't a fingerprint card required?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts