Sabre Barlow 629

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by missourikid, Nov 7, 2015.

1. missourikid

missourikid Well-Known Member

I have a Sabre Barlow knife and was wanting to know if anyone can give me some more info about its worth. 2015-11-07 09.09.55.jpg 2015-11-07 09.10.49.jpg

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

When I was in 6th grade, in 1966, Saber knives were sold at the corner Little General store out of a big glass display case for $1.29.

My point is it was a CHEAP knife. I think I bought an electrician knife and a Hawkbill and a fishing knife and a Barlow oit of that case. None were very good or held an edge.

I don't suppose a cheap knife got much more valuable just because it's fifty years old.

3. missourikid

this was found in a trailer that I was tearing down.

4. carver

carver Well-Known Member Supporting Member

There is a guy over on EBay that has one in like new condition, but used for $48. These knives were made in Japan, and were never worth much. Yours is pretty bad condition, so not really worth anything at all. Clean it up, sharpen it, and use it.

5. missourikid

that is cleaned up it was worse than that when I brought it home, and it has been sharpened.

6. carver

carver Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Use a wire wheel on a grinder on that knife, and get most of the rust off it. If you want more rust off, use a polishing wheel.

7. missourikid

you couldn't even open it all the way until I started working on it. I took my dremel with the grindstone attachment and done all that. To get it open more just oil and patience on my part which is much.