The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sabre Barlow knife and was wanting to know if anyone can give me some more info about its worth. Metal Blade Knife Wood Tool Metal

·
Registered
17,651 Posts
When I was in 6th grade, in 1966, Saber knives were sold at the corner Little General store out of a big glass display case for $1.29.

My point is it was a CHEAP knife. I think I bought an electrician knife and a Hawkbill and a fishing knife and a Barlow oit of that case. None were very good or held an edge.

I don't suppose a cheap knife got much more valuable just because it's fifty years old.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I was in 6th grade, in 1966, Saber knives were sold at the corner Little General store out of a big glass display case for $1.29.

My point is it was a CHEAP knife. I think I bought an electrician knife and a Hawkbill and a fishing knife and a Barlow oit of that case. None were very good or held an edge.

I don't suppose a cheap knife got much more valuable just because it's fifty years old.
this was found in a trailer that I was tearing down.

·
Premium Member
34,531 Posts
There is a guy over on EBay that has one in like new condition, but used for $48. These knives were made in Japan, and were never worth much. Yours is pretty bad condition, so not really worth anything at all. Clean it up, sharpen it, and use it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a guy over on EBay that has one in like new condition, but used for $48. These knives were made in Japan, and were never worth much. Yours is pretty bad condition, so not really worth anything at all. Clean it up, sharpen it, and use it.
that is cleaned up it was worse than that when I brought it home, and it has been sharpened.

·
Premium Member
34,531 Posts
that is cleaned up it was worse than that when I brought it home, and it has been sharpened.
Use a wire wheel on a grinder on that knife, and get most of the rust off it. If you want more rust off, use a polishing wheel.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Use a wire wheel on a grinder on that knife, and get most of the rust off it. If you want more rust off, use a polishing wheel.
you couldn't even open it all the way until I started working on it. I took my dremel with the grindstone attachment and done all that. To get it open more just oil and patience on my part which is much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts