Safety Recall on KelTec

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by gdmoody, May 23, 2018.

1. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

I was just reading the latest copy of American Rifleman and see there is a safety recall on the KelTec Sub-2000 carbines manufactured in 2017. The article says that if you bought a Sub-2000 during the years 2017 or 2018, you should discontinue firing it until you check to see if your gun is affected.

Phone number is (321) 631-0068, extension 136, Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm.

It caught my eye because I bought one early in 2017 and sold it in February, to the finance manager at the car dealer where I bought my KIA. I just called him and gave him the contact phone number.

2. drymag

drymag Well-Known Member

I don't have one but appreciate the fyi...thank you....

texdon likes this.

3. DW6395

DW6395 New Member

I sent mine in and two weeks later they returned it at no cost or hassle to me. They did it right.

texdon likes this.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

That is good to know, BTW welcome to TFF.

I attended the 2017 NRA exhibitions that went along with the convention, while there I stopped at the Kei-tec "booth" and happened to mention that I had just bought a new front sight at another booth because I couldn't seem to hit anything with my Sub-2000. He told the that if the new sight didn't fix it, please send it back to them and they would check it out and would fix it under their warranty.

texdon likes this.