Sako and M44

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/23/02 6:22:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Sako and M44
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just thought I'd post a couple of pictures of the Sako and M44 that I picked up in Indiana.

cointoss2

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/23/02 6:29:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Sako and M44
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Neat!

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/23/02 7:19:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Sako and M44
    Sweet cointoss, very, very sweet!

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/23/02 8:09:22 pm)
    Wait a minute - I think I see some Polish fingerprints on them thar prybars!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/23/02 8:39:29 pm)
    You do on the bottom one but it is mine and some Finns on the Sako. Cartouche is prominent in the stock, used a little Murphys and a couple of coats of oil. Mike did a fien job on the 44. AND HOW DARE YOU insult my firearms as prybars !
    cointoss2

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/23/02 8:46:02 pm)
    Heck - I sold Mikie one of them ol' prybars hanging on the wall in his bedroom!

He did do a nice job on the M44.

I have one of them Sako 39s that looks like it has a naval crest on the stock.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/23/02 9:44:42 pm)
    (Sigh!)

If you don't want to use 'em as pry bars, perhaps as barn door wedges would be an appropiate suggestion?

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/27/02 4:00:07 pm)
    Hey Ben, The sling on the Sako looks like it's inside out...the buckle should be on the outside so it doesn't bang on and scratch the wood...

Didja check to see what the date said on the bottom of the tang when you had it apart?

The VKT was a 1905 Tula...

And your pics sure come out better than mine...BUT....

I believe I'm getting issued a nice digital camera for my new job, so watch out!

It's nice to see one of my babies get adopted into a nice home....
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/27/02 4:11:12 pm)
    And Bob? You sold me TWO of the prybars on the wall...

The 53 is on the very bottom of the special 44 display on the other wall...Russky, Pole, Hunky, Romanian, Chinese "keepers..." in that order...

(Still need a 43 Tula and an EG though.... )
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/27/02 6:52:47 pm)
    Mike I thought the same myself about the buckle on the sling. I unscrewed the butt sling bracket when I was reoiling the stock., good eyes!
    cointoss2

<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>