The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so was pondering that sanctuary cities have a blatant disregard for federal law involving illegal aliens. This tells me that other cities could become "gun and tax sanctuaries" where we can carry full auto's and be tax exempt correct? I really don't see why not.....

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
It might fly in a rural county but there are too many liberals in the cities to ever let a idea like that get very far.

I think that if you did have a go of it in some remote area, the Feds would come in and squash it like a bug.

Reactions: dbcooper

·
Premium Member
5,312 Posts
Sanctuary Cities blatently disregard Federal Law because their elected, liberal, mostly Democratic, elitist, politically correct officials feel that they are above the law. When the swamp is drained we need to make certain all the bottom feeders are thrown out with the ordinary scum.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sanctuary Cities blatently disregard Federal Law because their elected, liberal, mostly Democratic, elitist, politically correct officials feel that they are above the law. When the swamp is drained we need to make certain all the bottom feeders are thrown out with the ordinary scum.
I agree, now given they can pick what laws to obey I believe I have every right to pick my own too! My right wing town here would happy sign petitions for what I proposed! On a serious note it shows what precident these sanctuary cities can set. And of course liberals never see what chaos they can cause with good feeling bologna!

·
Garandaholic
9,423 Posts
so was pondering that sanctuary cities have a blatant disregard for federal law involving illegal aliens. This tells me that other cities could become "gun and tax sanctuaries" where we can carry full auto's and be tax exempt correct? I really don't see why not.....
You don't?
I'll explain.
The feds are OK with a city ignoring a law (or constitutional protection) that they don't like.
They are not OK with anybody ignoring a law that they like.
I.E. Sanctuary city=good...a state trying to enforce immigration law=state gets sued.
A gun sanctuary city would have the AG's office on it's doorstep overnight.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
If you live in one of these sanctuary cities refuse to pay all of your municipal service fees. Don't pay water, don't pay sewage, don't pay garbage collection, stop paying city taxes. If it's ok for the city officials to disregard rules and obligations, it's ok for the citizens to do it as well.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Welcome to the America of Obama's Legacy.

Of course, the Congress did nothing, and is still doing nothing to stop it. Witness the current TRILLION dollars they are spending between now and September. There is NO money for the things the Repubes promised if the voters gave them control. All we hear anymore from the repubes is"Next Time, We will cave to the Demorats and give them everything they want, but NEXT TIME we gonns fight like pit bulls."

·
Premium Member
5,312 Posts
If you live in one of these sanctuary cities refuse to pay all of your municipal service fees. Don't pay water, don't pay sewage, don't pay garbage collection, stop paying city taxes. If it's ok for the city officials to disregard rules and obligations, it's ok for the citizens to do it as well.
I'm betting that if one does this, his/her house will be sold for back taxes &/ or liened for the cost of unpaid utilities. Then you will be homeless & hungry living on the dole in a sanctuary city, just like the Government wants you. Eight yrs. of Obama has set this Country back 250 yrs.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
The evil in this Country isn't limited to the Federal level and the alphabet agencies. It's rooted in at the town/county/state level. City ordnances, county taxes you name it. And as long as the mindless sheep have a fast food restaurant, cell phones and unlimited entitlement promises, they don't care. Every city government in my area is corrupt and money hungry. Not difficult to understand how bigger government steps in and sets policy under the radar.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You don't?
I'll explain.
The feds are OK with a city ignoring a law (or constitutional protection) that they don't like.
They are not OK with anybody ignoring a law that they like.
I.E. Sanctuary city=good...a state trying to enforce immigration law=state gets sued.
A gun sanctuary city would have the AG's office on it's doorstep overnight.
Understood but I think I still should start a petition and 5013c...

:D:D:D

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
Where do I sign?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts