Saturday Range Visit

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by TranterUK, Apr 18, 2009.

1. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

This morning I took the opportunity to visit a local range. Not the military one I most often go to, but a small local civilian club in an ex pistol range. The maximum distance is 50 yds, which is limiting, but OK for pistol calibre carbines, like my 9mm or checking zeros, getting on the paper to save time later etc.

Heres the view from the 50 yd position, off to the right is the 25 yd line. Because of the way its set up we can shoot both at the same time.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Well ok, real cosy. Yes the picture is from the 50yd position, the little building you can just see on the right is the 25 yd line, about 10 positions, only two at 50yd. You can see some brave chaps patching. Checkout my regular range. Its Army and has positions every 100yds out to 1200.

Attached Files:

4. Nice K98 Mauser you have there, Tranter. :)

5. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Thanks Pistol, its a diamond. 7.62x51. Its the one I mentioned on your most fun thread.

I mean look, that pics at about 300yds and it gives me groups to match the scope guys. What more can you ask of an old bolt action with open iron?

6. When you make it to Colorado, I'll let you try the one I have in 8mm with the rear aperture sight I mounted on it. ;) I also have a Swiss K-31, with apertures front and rear, that shoots equally well.

7. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I will hold you to that Pistol, and look forward to it. :)

8. Enfield

Enfield New Member

Hi Tranter

Glad to see that they still let you have some fun over there in the UK ha ha

Hey what is that little carbine that you have in the first photo, it looks most interesting

Cheers

Enfield

9. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Hi Enfield, its an M4 in 9mm. Uses 25rd Uzi mags. Came with a fixed stock, but I had a spr collapsible, and it fits a smaller bag that way. Not too keen on the Hakko single point sight, might change it. Fairly accurate, got some very tight groups at 50, kissing, but seems inconsistent, throws one or two for no reason, probably me.

Just finished cleaning it. The old Thompson breech brushes are just right for the lugs and receiver.

10. Enfield

Enfield New Member

Looks Good

Cheers