The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Savage 32 Semi-Auto (SN 198108). It was recently graded by a gunsmith at 92% and is in excellent condition. The gun has been fired at least one time, that I know of, in the mid 50's, because I wanted to know how many phonebooks it could shoot through. The gun originally belonged to my grandmother and may have never been fired until the phonebook test. I believe this gun was manufactured about 1919 but don't know for sure. Based on the serial number and pictures, can you tell me when it was manufactured and a ball park value?

If more pictures are needed let me know what you want to see and I'll get them posted.

Thanks for the help,

Guy

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I would put in the $450-500 range. Year ?

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
You got it
1919 Ser # 185847-223850 # Mfg 38,004

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I may ask, would this gun make a decent self defense weapon? Or should I consider selling it and getting something else.

I appreciate the help. Thanks

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Lots people will tell you the 32 APC is not a good defense round that said with today's ammo I think it steps a notch or two.

I carry a .38 spl or .380 with Golden Sabers but I would not hesitate to carry a 32 ACP with Golden Sabers.

Keep it it's very collectable. Just my humble opinion.

Product Information
Shop more Federal Premium products Federal Premium Personal Defense Ammunition is an excellent choice for law enforcement agencies as well as concealed carry permit holders. The unique center-post design of the Hydra-Shok Hollow Point delivers controlled expansion while the notched jacket provides efficient energy transfer for maximum penetration.

Muzzle Velocity: 950 fps
Muzzle Energy: 130 ft. lb

Muzzle Velocity: 1000 fps
Muzzle Energy: 200 ft lbs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thinks I'll take you advise on both counts. I'll keep the Savage and purchase something better suited for self defense.

Thanks again,

Guy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts