The Firearms Forum banner

Savage 46c

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Xd1978 
#1 ·
I picked on up for 20 dollars and the barrel lug is missing. I checked the internet gun parts sources and can't find one anywhere. The guy had a bolt wedged in there. Is that the real Fix for this?

#13 ·
This is what I need
Thank you! Good find!

Now the question is; how impatient are you to get it fixed correctly? If you're in no particular hurry, then just place an order, and continue using the homemade takedown screw until you get the factory replacement part.

Typically, a warehouse will not actually make an order until they have nearly the minimum number of orders. Then they put in the order. They don't want to put in an order for 25 or so and only sell one stud, which sort of forces them to put the remainder in inventory. A phone call to the warehouse may shed some light on when they expect to get more of the studs.

The other thing is to keep searching for the stud until you find one. Try everywhere you can think of.

#8 ·
I lack a drill press right now. It looks simple to make. I was just wondering if there was like an old go to guy to get these from. Or some company makes universal ones or something. The guy must have spent hundreds of hors carving the stock and just put a bolt in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.