Savage 67E Malfunction

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    my next door neighbor, Marvin the Magnificent, dropped off this shotgun last night and the action won't stay locked wanted me to take a look at it, I can see from the outside that the screw heads have been messed with since leaving the factory was wondering if someone could suggest a site that would have an exploded diagram of the action so I can see what it's supposed to look like before tearing into it

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/18/02 8:49:41 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: exploded diagram for Springfield model 67 series E shotg
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dont know about the diagram but I've fixed a BUNCH of them. The problem is generally the slide lock spring, which fits onto a stud on the slide lock. It's a bent-wire spring visible on the left side of the trigger group and the problem should be obvious when you drop the trigger group.

You MUST remove the buttstock to drop the trigger group. After removing the buttstock, drift out the crosspin at the front of the trigger housing right-to-left, then remove the cross screw at the lower rear of the receiver. The trigger group can now be removed to the rear and downward. The slide latch can now be detached from its stud on the left. The spring is riveted to the latch.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/18/02 9:34:12 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: exploded diagram for Springfield model 67 series E shotg
    thanks for the reply Doc, so does spring usually jump off or break? is there an "improvement" to keep it from happening again? ol' Marvin had it sold and went out to shoot it for old time's sake and this happened so his sale may have fallen through, he's got one of those last names you can't spell let alone pronounce but without guys like him Polish jokes just wouldn't be funny

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/18/02 12:55:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: exploded diagram for Springfield model 67 series E shotg
    you were right on the money Doc, the end of the slide lock spring is broken

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/18/02 10:03:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: exploded diagram for Springfield model 67 series E shotg
    Best (and easiest) to buy the slide lock with spring already riveted to it. Not that much more expensive and worth saving the hassle.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer

2. paullester

paullester New Member

i also have a model 67 e and i cant get the forearm off or the butt stock im trying to restore it and also mine will not stay locked but i had a part fall out and was wondering what it does and were it came from any help would be greatly appriciated