Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Savage-Fox Sterlingworth

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

sthogan
    (9/27/02 4:11:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Savage Fox Sterlingworth
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have my Grandfather side by side 20 ga purchased by his dad at Abercrombie and Finch in the mid 1930.

1 dime sized spot of pitting on barrell

no cracks in stock.

considering age I would place gun in avg condition

Any idea what it's worth do I need insurance

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/27/02 5:43:08 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Savage Fox Sterlingworth
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome to the forum, sthogan -

One of our more knowledgeable scattergunners should be along pretty soon to answer your question.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

sthogan
    (9/28/02 7:33:39 am)

I'm not interested in selling it. I was just out shooting some trap with old betsy when the owner of the operation told me to quit shooting the gun and place it on the shelf for it had a value between 7-8K. If this is the case I clearly need to get a special insurance rider on gun.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/29/02 10:50:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Savage Fox Sterlingworth
    Sorry, but no. The Sterlingworth was the bottom of the line; in fact, Ansley Fox did not want to make the guns but was talked into it by his marketing people (he had priced himself out of the average-Joe market).

Being a 20-ga helps a lot, but being post-1929 hurts it (after the Savage buyout). You would be well-advised to take it to a reputable collector for a hands-on appraisal, but expect it to come up shy of $1500.

In the meanwhile, shoot it and enjoy!

sthogan
    (9/30/02 4:34:56 am)
    Good to know. I won't tell my wife (that was my reason for buying a new gun).

2. bobzeis

bobzeis New Member

I'm trying to find out same info - Fox Sterlingworth 20 #264066

Help! Thanks!

3. Contenderizer

Contenderizer Member