The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little bit of a back story... I bought a savage mkII tr with tacticool stock. I immediately installed a weaver 3x12x44 scope and then took it to birdsong and had it coated with birdsong's black-t coating because the finish is notorious on the rifles apparently. It took almost 12 weeks to get it back, because they were backed up with FBI contracts or something of that nature. Anyway, as soon as I got it back, I did a quick bore sight on it and went to zero it in. I had no issues with getting it dialed in, but the cheap .22 remington bulk ammo I was shooting (because that is all I can find anywhere) simply will not eject. My first thought was maybe the barrel being as tight as it is won't eject the cheap ammo, but after doing some research I found out that people have had this issue with everything from cheap bulk ammo to eley match grade. Alot of people have had the issue and gotten it resolved, but I cannot seem to find a definitive reason for this happening or how to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks for your help in advance. And to clarify, when I say it will not eject, I mean that the spent casings are staying in the chamber. Will not pull out the empties probably 50% of the time or better

·
Premium Member
19,870 Posts
My son has the same rifle and never had a problem with federal bulk ammo. How many rounds did you put through it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my thought don't use remington
I couldn't agree with you more on that... however, at the time it is all i could find in stores and I was ready to shoot. I have since been able to order some CCI SV and awaiting its arrival and then I will be able to tell a little more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My son has the same rifle and never had a problem with federal bulk ammo. How many rounds did you put through it?
Once i got the gun out of the shop from having it coated I put approximately 150 rounds through it. After having to eject roughly half of those by fingernail I was bordering on irate, and have not gone back out with it yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts