21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Welcome to TFF
Welcome to TFF from the banks of the Tennessee River in Alabama
Thanks, guys!
Hello jimterrible and welcome to TFF from San Antonio, Texas. Thank you for your service. About your 2 weapons of choice - I agree. Too many weapons in too many calibers is questionable. If you are in a hurry and all you can do is grab a handgun and ammo and all you have is one or more 9mm handguns and one or more boxes of ammo you can't make a wrong grab. Have heard and seen that one time and time again. Guy is on his way to the range and running late; grabs a gun and ammo and does not realize that it was the right gun but the wrong ammo or vice-versa until he gets to the range. 9mm handgun and 9mm ammo keeps things simple and in today's world simple is good.
Thank you! I would love to get more experience with different gear, but as you said, simple good. Simple very good.
Welcome from Pennsylvania! View attachment 234446
View attachment 234450
Cheers!
Thank you for your service to our country and welcome to TFF Jim.
How come your version of a liberal is so different compared to the democrat party? :)
Bourne was a radical progressive but I’m glad you lean conservative.
Thank you! Dude I have no idea where most national politicians stand when it comes to ideology. I think partisan politics - and really, bureaucratic politics - is too overpowering for any of them to adhere to such ideological principles. I did not know about Bourne's larger beliefs, but I figured he was no member of consensus in his era. For what its worth, I find progressive views (at least, those views that progressives claim to hold) about foreign policy to be fairly prudent most of the time.
Welcome from another Texan, thank your for your service!
Thank you!
Welcome, have a good time, talk to good people, find great answers.
Welcome from Oregon!
Cheers guys!
View attachment 234506 Welcome from New York State, and thank you for your service!!
Thank you!
Welcome from Sitka, Alaska. View attachment 234518
Welcome to TFF from the UK!!

View attachment 234534
Thank you!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Howdy, from down the road apiece. Curious, what's your stance on the 2A?
Hello, everyone. I look forward to having good conversations with all of you on this board. My interests include political analysis (because I enjoy pain), hockey, statistics, riding, and writing. I have a difficult time judging where I fall on the partisan spectrum, but I'd say that I lean Republican mainly out of negative partisanship. Ideologically, I am a liberal in that I value the rule of law, freedom from extrajudicial harm, religious tolerance, racial tolerance, individualism, property ownership, and one's right to self-defense.

The man in my avatar is a brilliant political theorist by the name of Randolph Bourne. I find his delineations between a society, a nation, a country, a State, and a government to be very insightful.

Regarding weapons, I stick to .556 and 9mm mainly due to my experience with them. I was active duty from 2011-2017 with the Marines, did some contracting work after that, and now I'm an everyday loser in school trying to make sense of things that my younger colleagues seem to have figured out already!

Thank you.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Jim, thank you for your service and welcome to TFF from Virginia. Good to have you with us! Lots of good info and lots of great people here! Stay safe and God Bless!

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
WELCOME TO THE TFF GANG FROM NORTHERN COMMIFORINA and Thank you for your service to our country
20200908_170713.jpg

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.