The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search for Federal 150 LP Primers to get a feel for how well I did this weekend ($75/brick). My search returned a web retailer Federal Primer Shop.

The site makes a close approximation of the Federal Premium website, including their logo, but with the addition of Primer to it, rather than Premium.

Regardless, I fell for it, discovering every possibility of primers, including competing brands, at currently attractive prices. All seemed good, until I went to check out...I wasn't planning to buy, as I'm fully stocked, but I wanted to see full cost including shipping and HazMat.

Yep....PayPal, Zelle, Venmo, Bit Coin, etc being the only means of payment. About that time I started seeing the flash pop ups of the products being purchased.

Checking out the Federal Premium website I saw that they are still not doing web sales, and MSRP prices per sleeve remain well above what I paid...as expected.

Don't fall for it, guys...well, I know you wouldn't. But hoping that some newer members receive this warning ahead of a painful and costly mistake.

·
Registered
671 Posts
When you see the "alternative" payment methods, but NO CREDIT CARD- there should be a robot waving its arms and shouting DANGER WILL ROBINSON. I admin another site, we have booted nearly 2 dozen of the scammers that are imitating legit businesses. As Momma used to say "If it looks too good to be true- it is."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did a search for Federal 150 LP Primers to get a feel for how well I did this weekend ($75/brick). My search returned a web retailer Federal Primer Shop.

The site makes a close approximation of the Federal Premium website, including their logo, but with the addition of Primer to it, rather than Premium.

Regardless, I fell for it, discovering every possibility of primers, including competing brands, at currently attractive prices. All seemed good, until I went to check out...I wasn't planning to buy, as I'm fully stocked, but I wanted to see full cost including shipping and HazMat.

Yep....PayPal, Zelle, Venmo, Bit Coin, etc being the only means of payment. About that time I started seeing the flash pop ups of the products being purchased.

Checking out the Federal Premium website I saw that they are still not doing web sales, and MSRP prices per sleeve remain well above what I paid...as expected.

Don't fall for it, guys...well, I know you wouldn't. But hoping that some newer members receive this warning ahead of a painful and costly mistake.
I think I just got scammed by a website called primershop.com . I was being stupid and a bit desperate I guess.

Don't Order from Primershop.com !!!! or probably any other site that has primers today.

·
Super Moderator
47,187 Posts
No problem, thanks for the heads up!

I just looked and the first thing that caught my attention is right there on their "cover page" was miss-spellings and grammar problems several places and especially in the three testimonials. Not many places in the US lists the 1+ on the phone numbers

I looked at their "Contact us" page and see a map for Tucson, AZ but the phone number area code is for Indianapolis, IN. These are little things I look at every time I find a "new" place selling reloading supplies!

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Total SCAM, Another is winchesterprimersshop.com. They are popping up everywhere. The aforementioned site lists their location in Winfield, KS which is the actual location of Powder Valley, Inc.

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
thanks for the heads up, I dont buy to much reloading stuff like primers and powder online just go to LGS's. Today besides primers i found the best stocked store in our area and its only 7 miles from me. They had boxes of primers 1k count only $92.

·
Premium Member
22,688 Posts
thanks for the heads up, I dont buy to much reloading stuff like primers and powder online just go to LGS's. Today besides primers i found the best stocked store in our area and its only 7 miles from me. They had boxes of primers 1k count only $92.
Sounds like i need to take a 2 hour trip down South!

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
Sounds like i need to take a 2 hour trip down South!
The ammo on the shelves was amazing, now I didnt ask for prices, I did see some 440 rnds of 556 for 392.00. once you buy your gun you can go upstairs by a bottle of jack a pizza and other misc items and be on your merry way.

if you have FB here is the link

Liberty GUNS - Home | Facebook

·
Premium Member
22,688 Posts
The ammo on the shelves was amazing, now I didnt ask for prices, I did see some 440 rnds of 556 for 392.00. once you buy your gun you can go upstairs by a bottle of jack a pizza and other misc items and be on your merry way.

if you have FB here is the link

Liberty GUNS - Home | Facebook
Nope don't have facebook, but did see a lot of pics from your link. Wow they are well stocked! Looks like they have a lot of .22 mag ammo. Might have to take a trip down there on of these days. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
Nope don't have facebook, but did see a lot of pics from your link. Wow they are well stocked! Looks like they have a lot of .22 mag ammo. Might have to take a trip down there on of these days. Thanks
I just scrolled that whole page right side, couple videos in there also.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts