Scared tonight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

270abolt
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/5/03 8:58:10 pm)
    Reply Scared tonight
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My 11yr. old son and I went hunting this evening....... We were setteled in by 4 pm..... At about 4:45pm he asked for a drink of water..... minutes later he said he felt funny and thought he was going to pass out...... We were up 16 feet in a 4x4 foot box stand.......... After a min or two I knew I had to get on the ground........ So I got him up on his feet.... he was real pail and cold to the touch..... We inched down the ladder together....... Luckly I had the 4 wheeler right by the stand........ something I never done........I usually leave it 800 or so yards from the stand........ We have made many hunts together but never from one of my 16 foot high stands.He killed last year in a 12 high box stand.... Once on the ground his color started to come back and his face and lips started to warm up........ By the time we got back to the truck he was fine............He said it was not because of the height but that is all I could think it was..... he's been a healthy child........... When we got home 15 min later, he told his mom it was because of the height........(We had call her from the bike)
    I guess (know) he wanted to hunt soooo bad with me he wouldn't dare tell me he was scared of that height...A hour or so later he admitted to me........ I guess I'm writing this to let others know what extremes children will go to do something they love or to be with their parents............ This all really scared the hell out of me....... Thanks,,, for me letting this out

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/5/03 9:23:12 pm)
    Reply Coonass...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's a good heads up!...Kids will do a lot to please!...

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/5/03 10:12:51 pm)
    Reply Re: Coonass...
    Whewwwwww... I'm glad ya'll got that figured out!

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/5/03 10:15:44 pm)
    Give you lots of credit for taking the kid hunting with you, 270, and a lot more in deciding to end the hunt and take care of the boy. Perhaps in time he will get over this phobia and join you for some good times in the high stand.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/5/03 10:24:20 pm)
    Fine young man, he will be OK is good news to us. You did good 270.

Talk to your doctor about what happen maybe he can advise you something to help.

GG

procrastinator43
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/5/03 10:33:03 pm)
    I have lived with the same fear of heights for 59 years.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/5/03 10:50:06 pm)
    Re: Coonass...
    That is quite a story 270

Got to give the little guy credit where credit is due. That must have been awful hard to him.

Sounds like you will have to set him up with a ground blind.
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

pickenup
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/03 12:07:42 am)
    Reply Re: Scared tonight
    Glad it was nothing bad. Sounds like you son must like you quite a bit, to go through that, just to be with you hunting. A lot of dads could not "drag" their sons with them anywhere.

CaliCollector
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/03 3:17:04 am)
    Re: Scared tonight
    270-
    glad that your son is alright!! man, that had to scare the crap out of you.. it says alot for your son though, and your relationship with him... to be scared of heights and still climb up there just to hunt with Dad.. that says ALOT... i wish you both many many more hunts together and a continued long healthy relationship.. sincerly Ray in California
    p.s. on another note.. the fear of heights can sometimes be conquered with alot of patience,understanding, and persaverance...
    "Beware the man with only one gun, chances are he KNOWS how to use it."

270abolt
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/03 12:00:46 pm)
    Thanks guys for the replys , no really they mean a world to me..... I've never been that scared in my life....

Thanks again
    270abolt
    aka coonass

IShootBack
    (1/7/03 6:56:47 pm)
    What a great father-son story. A childs love knows no bounds. Glad is was nothing serious.
    When I was young, I was afraid of heights. I grew out of it along with my other childhood fears.
    Ground blind work well for young hunters - dad in the tree, young'n in the ground blind below.
    ISB

Guns cause crime, like spoons made Rosie fat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.