Schmidt Rubin M.1911/Inf.

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Moskovskyya
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/02 10:15:16 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Schmidt Rubin M.1911/Inf.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any Swiss rifle folks out there? I picked up the M.1911 SR Infantry rifle at the Dalton Ga gun show yesterday. Its from Samco, totally matcing beautiful unique rifle. I have a K31 and a Vetterli, and have been impressed with Swiss weapon function and accuracy. After checkout of the M.1911, I fired 20 rounds of Norma match Ammo from the bench to sight in. This is really a nice shooting rifle, excellent groups, and due to nearly 10lbs, recoil is light, its actually a much better shooter than my K31, must be the barrel length more suited to the GP11 cartridge than the carbine. I find I have suddenly lost some interest in K31 shooting. Its complete except for the sling, blueing is 90+%, nice Swiss markings clear and ledgible, only light handeling dents in the wood. This is best looking one I've seen and the first I've fired, really Impressive. I guess now I'll have to have an M.1889. Strange how one thing leads to another!

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (1/21/02 3:07:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Schmidt Rubin M.1911/Inf.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Congrats on the new toy. Have you checked out the swiss rifle forum? Lots of great info there. I have a web site save some where that'll tell you more about your rifle plus I think it gives a date of manufacture by the serial number. I'll try to find it for you.

Moskovskyya
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/02 4:02:45 pm)
    I went to Big LEE's page www.swissrifles.com to find out it a 1914, one of the smallest production years, also I've never really known how to tell the difference between a M.1911 and an M.1896/11, but those guys now have me up to speed on identification.

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (1/21/02 4:34:14 pm)
    Thats the one I was thinking about. It's the best site I have found plus there's plenty of links on the bottom of the page to help ones study.

The only other one I have is:home.datacomm.ch/rebmann/main_e.html
    Swiss Military history online.

Edited by: Flhunter at: 1/21/02 4:34:50 pm