The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Valor scope at a gun show.It says image moving nitrogen filled 4x32 Lum-glo.I paid 20 bucks used.Its alot bigger around than your normal small 22 scopes. Question 1.Has anybody ever heard of Valor scopes? 2. Is this a quality scope?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha I get your humor,It has weaver mounts on it.I am putting it on my sons christmas present and then I will take a picture of it.It is very easy to acquire your target beings how the view finder on it is alot larger than a normal .22 scope.It was made in 1964 and was told new it went for a 100 bucks.If thats true that was kinda salty back in those days.I was just wondering if anybody had heard of the brand.Thanks Montezumaz.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I bought a Valor scope at a gun show.It says image moving nitrogen filled 4x32 Lum-glo.I paid 20 bucks used.Its alot bigger around than your normal small 22 scopes. Question 1.Has anybody ever heard of Valor scopes? 2. Is this a quality scope?
Imported from Japan in the late 1960's - 1970's.

I don't remember your model (or any Valor scopes) selling anywhere near $100 when new. The most expensive scope a 3-9x40 back in 1970 had a retail price around $45. The 4x had a retail price of $24.95. They were imported by Precise Imports in Suffers, NY.

1970 ad in Field and Stream;

I see them on the auction sites once in a while and they sell from $10 - $25.

I found an ad from a 1973 Field and Stream magazine for the scope, looks like the price went up a bit in three years.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported from Japan in the late 1960's - 1970's.

I don't remember your model (or any Valor scopes) selling anywhere near $100 when new. The most expensive scope a 3-9x40 back in 1970 had a retail price around $45. The 4x had a retail price of $24.95. They were imported by Precise Imports in Suffers, NY.

1970 ad in Field and Stream;

I see them on the auction sites once in a while and they sell from $10 - $25.

I found an ad from a 1973 Field and Stream magazine for the scope, looks like the price went up a bit in three years.
Cool thanks it looks like the ad you posted.I just know I like it because its easy to look through cause its larger around than a normal .22 scope.I couldnt find anything on it.Thanks for checking for me.Merry christmas

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Cool thanks it looks like the ad you posted.I just know I like it because its easy to look through cause its larger around than a normal .22 scope.I couldnt find anything on it.Thanks for checking for me.Merry christmas
Merry Christmas to you and yours also. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts