The Firearms Forum banner

Scoped my Mossberg

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  johnmpeters 
#1 ·
Wanted to share my new old rifle. I've had this Mossberg 42m-c since I was little. It was manufactured sometime in the mid 1940's. It's always been a fun shooter so I decided to order a mount and some rings from Havlin Sales. I mounted a Nikon 4x32 that I had in the closet. Well this old bolt action still has alot of life in it and a preference for Winchester subsonics. I couldn't stop shooting it today! Here's the pics. Sorry about the picture quality, Santa forgot that I wanted a new camera for Christmas :mad:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice old rifle.I have one from the late 50s my father bought be in the 60s I use to shoot 4pos.small bore comp.with it back in the day.Then they bought me a Ansholtz super match.I no my spelling is bad so don't laugh.I still have the Mossberg now I'm going to get it out of the safe.I have not shot it it years.Where did you get the scope mount? Thanks for the post you made my day reminding me about mine.Seems like I only think of 1911s these day's.:D

#3 ·
Nice old rifle.I have one from the late 50s my father bought be in the 60s I use to shoot 4pos.small bore comp.with it back in the day.Then they bought me a Ansholtz super match.I no my spelling is bad so don't laugh.I still have the Mossberg now I'm going to get it out of the safe.I have not shot it it years.Where did you get the scope mount? Thanks for the post you made my day reminding me about mine.Seems like I only think of 1911s these day's.:D
Welcome to the forum! Check these guys out. I got a scope mount for my Mossberg 46B (b).http://www.havlinsales.com/

#7 · (Edited)
Johnm - Santa didn't forget he just didn't have the money for it. Besides, the camera you got now takes really nice pictures. That Nikon is awsome. I remember the deal you got on it.

Dad

#13 ·
Nice looking gun and scope. Wow, if that scope was just sitting in your closet, you must have a lot of scopes :)
Thanks for the kind words. I had that scope mounted on a rifle 4 or 5 years ago. Sold the rifle, kept the scope and put it back in the box up in the closet and kind of forgot about it over time. I took it out about a month ago and remembered how nice the optics were and thought it would be a nice match for the old Mossberg. It's been my new favorite toy over the last week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.