The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an AR from Scotts on Tuesday afternoon off of gunsamerica and I called them that day and told them I was sending them a postal money order out the next day over night so they would have it on thursday. He said ok, I will pull your order and have it ready. The money order got there on thurs am just like I said and I called today to see if they had shipped. He said ummm, theres a problem with the order....we over entered our guns and over sold them....so we are sending you your money back. I said, when did you know this because you said tuesday you were pulling my order...he said by Wednesday, they were completely sold out of ARs. So, I said why didnt you replace it with another brand or call me to let me know you oversold? He didnt have an answer...the answer is, and I cant prove it, they sold my gun for more money than I was paying for it. Bad business......I have never done business like that before and I couldnt believe it happened. When you advertise an item and you sell it online and commit to someone, you follow thru, period.

·
Administrator
32,507 Posts
Sounds like they made a bad business decission. They probably made more money on the rifle,but it will cost them in the long run.

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,736 Posts
They are owned by the same folks that own Mikes Gun shop in Pensacola. The problem You had with them doesn't surprise me one bit. I have been in Mikes and Scotts twice, my first and my last time. Sorry you had the problem.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: I called and left a message with the bookkeeper on Friday wanting to speak with the owner of the company who was out but would be back first thing Monday morning. She agreed that the story didnt sound right and she would pass it on and let the owner know what was going on and have him call me. I just received a call from the sales guy a few minutes ago saying that a mistake was made and that they did still have my gun if I still wanted it......hmmm

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: The salesman told me on monday he was shipping the gun. I dont know if any carriers were shipping that day or not (christmas eve) but, I didnt receive a tracking number like he said I would. So, I contacted him on wed to see if he had a tracking number and he said he was waiting for them to come down from shipping and he would email. At 5:00 pm I didnt have a tracking number so I called back to follow up. I normally wouldnt be this persistent, but under the circumstances...anyhow, he gave me a tracking number and said it shipped monday afternoon. I looked it up and the label had just been created. Oh well. The good news is it is due to be delivered by the end of the day tomorrow. Live and learn.

·
TFF Chaplain
20,463 Posts
We'll be watching this space...

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We'll be watching this space...
Update: I got it!! Thats right, after all that I finally have the AR in my hands....I was beginning to wonder...

·
TFF Chaplain
20,463 Posts
Thanks for the update. Glad they came through for you and that you finally have your AR.

Now can you feed it and give us a report?

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the update. Glad they came through for you and that you finally have your AR.

Now can you feed it and give us a report?
Sure. I need to equip it with a scope like my others to be able to hit anything....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts