The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in love with my new Taurus PT1911SS. Put 125 rounds through it without a hitch. Hadn't fired a handgun in 20 years. Amazed at how well it performed. No FTL, no FTF.

Now I am ready for purchase #2. Unfortunately, I live in New Jersey, the black hole of gun rights. Any suggestions?

I was thinking of a 22LR, but there is NO ammo around. Now considering a .45 revolver; at least the ammo will be the same.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
I am in love with my new Taurus PT1911SS. Put 125 rounds through it without a hitch. Hadn't fired a handgun in 20 years. Amazed at how well it performed. No FTL, no FTF.

Now I am ready for purchase #2. Unfortunately, I live in New Jersey, the black hole of gun rights. Any suggestions?

I was thinking of a 22LR, but there is NO ammo around. Now considering a .45 revolver; at least the ammo will be the same.
Welcome to the forum.

first piece of advice.. Move,.. if you can.:)

You could look at a .357 revolver, then you would have ability to practice cheaper with .38 Special ammo
I load everything I shoot except for rimfires but I noticed that 38 Special came back on the shelves around here pretty fast

Ruger SP101 and GP100 come to mind as recomendations for something like this.

keep in mind, if you want a revolver that will fire the same ammo as your 1911, you have to make sure and get a .45 ACP caliber and in revolvers, those are a little less common than a .45 Colt and they are NOT the same

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

first piece of advice.. Move,.. if you can.:)

You could look at a .357 revolver, then you would have ability to practice cheaper with .38 Special ammo
I load everything I shoot except for rimfires but I noticed that 38 Special came back on the shelves around here pretty fast

Ruger SP101 and GP100 come to mind as recomendations for something like this.

keep in mind, if you want a revolver that will fire the same ammo as your 1911, you have to make sure and get a .45 ACP caliber and in revolvers, those are a little less common than a .45 Colt and they are NOT the same
Something like the S&W Governor? Does .410, .45LC, and .45ACP.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts

Welcome to the forum! I can't beat the advice you've already been given. I like the versitility of a revolver that shoots the same ammo as the pistol, like they do in the rifles. Take a look at the Taurus Tracker Model 455: http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=119&category=Revolver

·
Registered
16 Posts
+1 on the move advice! Not sure how available ammo is up in the NY/NJ area but I have seen a bunch of .40 cal here in northeast FL and southeast GA, & .45 acp is starting to become very easy to get. But if you must have a revolver, a Ruger LCR or SW Bodyguard wont do you wrong. I hear good things about the Ruger LCR in 22LR, just the whole where is the ammo thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts