The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Lots of "thumbsaver" style loaders--I see at least 4 different ones specifically for the Savage 64 from a quick search. Didn't not see anything you put the magazine in like the available 10-22 loaders. Base of the magazine hurting your hand? Pad it,
or grab a cheap bicycle glove. Fingerless--and it has padding right where the mag base sits. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lots of "thumbsaver" style loaders--I see at least 4 different ones specifically for the Savage 64 from a quick search. Didn't not see anything you put the magazine in like the available 10-22 loaders. Base of the magazine hurting your hand? Pad it,
or grab a cheap bicycle glove. Fingerless--and it has padding right where the mag base sits. Welcome to the forum!
Sorry, no. It isn't the base it is loading each shell that it difficult and painful. Looking for something along the lines of the Maglula we have for our pistol magazines.

Who makes those thumbsavers? Sounds like what I'm looking for. Maglula says they don't make one.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Sorry, no. It isn't the base it is loading each shell that it difficult and painful. Looking for something along the lines of the Maglula we have for our pistol magazines.

Who makes those thumbsavers? Sounds like what I'm looking for. Maglula says they don't make one.
"Savage 64 magazine loader" brings a pile of hits. Hilljak brand on Amazon and
one from raeind.com are to top two--but there are many more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts