The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
heh, I didn't see any emails about replies to this post until the most recent.
I stated that #1 my grandfather was a big liar and #2 'family legend'.
So, I certainly accept correction to the Doolittle planes detail.

thanks for all the other replies, everyone.

and, Mr. Sharps4590, I did answer your question in the very next post...

So, I think that I do mean 'military surplus' in this context though I recognize the wide variety of old firearms (both 'American' and foreign) that are out there. fwiw, I watch Ian's channel somewhat religiously and very much appreciate the wide variety of firearms that were tried and fallen by the wayside.
As you evidently chose not to answer my question and it appears to you that C&R is mil surp...ok, now I know.
so, 'evidently' not...

·
Registered
994 Posts
M313, No problem just sensitive to all the current rewriting of American history to keep from causing trauma to our easily offended political groups. Besides Grandpop’s are entitled to tell a whopper or two every now and then.

·
Registered
119 Posts
While there are tons of MILSURP C&Rs out there, there is a pretty good one not often seen. The Madsen M47.

From Denmark. Claimed to be the last BOLT ACTION designed to arm the masses of troops, as opposed to a special purpose weapon. 30-06. They sold about 5,000 to Columbia- who promptly put them in storage except for ceremonial use. They were later- mostly unissued- dumped on the surplus market. Bought one in 1967. With a matching SN bayonet. For $45. Price today? Hah! Jesus wept.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts