The Firearms Forum banner

Seeking research data on early PPK

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  reybo 
#1 ·
Recently I auctioned on ********* an early 1930s Walther PPK 7.65. If the earliest PPK SN was 750,000, as I was told, then this was one of the first 23000. I posted 17 or so photos so bidders would be clear wh
Iron Wood Door handle Door Lock
at they were buying. The high bidder for $1422 was a collector who declined to complete the sale because the slide did not have the last three SN digits scratched on it. So question one is, what does that mean?

Question two relates to an arrow pointing forward engraved into the slide behind the safety. Does it mean anything, and is it common? If I can master photo uploads here in my first post to this forum, a photo will be here, now or later.

Appreciate any help. I'm not a gun collector, having owned just 4 in my 80 years, but I want to know more about what I'm selling before it gets relisted.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to The Firearms Forum. You can put up to 10 pictures per post. You got one posted so you should be able to add the other ones, just be sure they are about 1mb in size, which is big enough to see and small enough to upload. Here is a link to the instructions on how to upload your pictures, just in case you need it:
http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.19430/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.