The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was at a small show this weekend.

only saw one guy selling primers.

trays of win or wolf were selling at 10$ per tray!!!!!!

and I thought 60$/1000 at last weeks show was horrid.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Before the shortage, Wolf primers were $22.

I won't buy any at that price since I don't need to. Others will pay the price or do without and that is capitalism which works.

I don't see primer or powder prices returning to pre-shortage price levels. They will probably stabilize at prices 20% - 30% higher. I think this is about what happened after the last shortage. This current shortage is much worse, so prices may stabilize at even higher prices.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Still $40/1000 around here, several places. I got used to paying $30/1000. When I started, probly '99, CCI was either $13 or $15/1000. I thought it was gettin rough when they hit $20/1000. Lol.

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i missed out getting into tula and wolf primers in t he 2x$ by weeks before they went off the shelves. our local places JUST started carrying them before the craziness hit. Same with S&B. I think I got 4000 at 28 per K right befoe hte shelves went bare in decemeber

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Did some grading for a guy this weekend. As Part of payment he gave me a box of REMINGTON 1 1/2 small pistol primers that he got for 5 bucks($5.00). YES, I said $5.00. The guy behind the counter must have thouight it was a box of 100. Anyways, I now have them. Most primers around here are available agian for about $35-$45/1000
Concern I have is that on the box it says NOT to be used with 357sig,357 mag, or 40s&w because of high velocity. Tried to find on remington ballistic charts on site but can't find them. Are these primers O.K. to use on 9mm? Where do I find this ballistics table mentioned on the primer box?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Bought all the primers I, my kids, or my grandkids will ever need back after "O"s first election; got several of those plastic boat boxes full; so glad I did it too.

My local gun shop just sold me a couple thousand large pistols for 40 bucks/thou; he seemed to think he'd get more too.

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,525 Posts
Thats just nuts.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Back in March one of my shooing buddys was desperate to find some small pistol primers. I told him I had a 1000 ccis I would sell to him for what I had in them. Price on the box was $13.95. He first off wanted to know if I had any more at that price.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Still $40/1000 around here, several places. I got used to paying $30/1000. When I started, probly '99, CCI was either $13 or $15/1000. I thought it was gettin rough when they hit $20/1000. Lol.
Yea, I remember when cars were 4 grand.

How the kids ever going to make it??

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
glad I have mor ethan I need now. when they come down.. I'm thinking of buying a lifetime supply... :(

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
7,077 Posts
I've got 5000 CCI 500s shipping tomorrow, and 3000 B&S large rifle already on hand, so I think I'm set for a couple of weeks. I think the average price runs about $34 per 1000, including shipping and the hazmat fee.

I've given up trying to find the things locally, so I just picked a reliable online vendor, placed the order and waited. It's been a 6 week wait for these CCIs, but the website has never once said, "in stock." The vendors can't keep up with website updates, and they're not trying. The best bet is to backorder what you want, and wait - so say the vendors I've talked to, since they are only filling BOs, and in the order received.

By the way, I'm dealing with Graf's, and though they're incredibly slow and won't answer the phone or reply to emails, they've been utterly reliable and honest. Your mileage may vary, but I'm sticking with them until they give me a reason not to.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts