Senator Hatch speaks up

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, May 3, 2009.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

This Senator is just a little peeved, I think.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705300303,00.html
    Pops

2. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

3. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Right on Orrin! It's time that the knowledgeable among the elected officials speak up. We are only exercising our rights. We ARE NOT criminals, and, in most cases, contemplating criminal activities. We are not a danger to anyone, except criminals. I don't care if my neighbor has a Sherman tank as long as he/she is a law abiding citizen. Please stop vilifying good people simply on the basis of gun ownership. The NRA is not an illegal organization, and gun owners are not criminals. Jeesh!! TJ

4. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

The above sounds good, but it is talk, not legislative action. There are too many other situations in which Mr. Hatch makes me ashamed that he is my Senator. I look forward to voting against him at the next available opportunity.

5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That man's smart but he doesn't run the newspapers. Expect the populace of UT to have a little different slant. I'm sooooo glad the traditional papers are dying. We're experiencing a new breed of journalism in other media that is counter to the leftist tendencies of the traditional press. For one, I'm glad to see traditionally leftist press die. Good riddance. :D

6. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Actually, Utah is frequently referred to as the reddest state in the union, and there is a lot of 2nd Amendment support here. The core of Salt Lake City is becoming more and more liberal (they're on about their third far left wing mayor in a row) but the rest of the state is made up of generally common-sense people.

7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Actually, I do agree with you, although my eloquence in forums doesn't always accurately reflect my opinion. I was referring to the negative slant given to Mr. Hatch's opinion by news media. I think that the largest part of UT is VERY conservative. I believe that UT will stand behind Mr. Hatch unequivocally. I have no doubt. Thanks for helping to elect a person with common sense! :)

Last edited: May 3, 2009