Share Your Gun Room

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Enfield, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Enfield

Enfield New Member

Hi
    I thought that it may be a good idea see each others treasures. I have been collecting for a few years now and have odds and ends going back to the 1700's that I thought may be of interest.

I love to see others collections and usually get to learn something, which is great as we all seem to go in slightly different directions.

When the weather gets better over here I will drag the guns outside for a few photos. If you get to know who has what it could be quite good fun - will Tranter be brave enough to show his hidden collection of Glocks ha ha.

Anyway I hope this is of interest

Cheers

Enfield in NZ

Attached Files:

2. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Wow, very nice collection!!!! Very nice indeed.

3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Oddly Tranter doesn't have a collection of Glock's, just an original Mod17 for information.

I should add I also have also had many bits from history. Working as an arms consultant to museums has led to many interesting aquisitions.

On one occasion I was given a collection of musket and pistol flints dug up on the field of Waterloo sixty odd years ago. I have also had a couple of bits of the famous HMS Victory, removed during restoration.

Getting back to guns, a small museum many years ago found a dozen rifles in the attic. They called the police, who called a museum authority, who asked me to go look.

Turned out they were Mausers from the S.African Boer war, taken by a local regiment as trophies around 1899/1900. They were in fantastic condition with many carvings on the stocks, names, home towns etc.

One interesting mystery was that most were very worn about the balance point on the underside. The mystery was solved when someone pointed out the Boers carried their rifles in front of them, rested across the saddle.

I have a special liking for items with a history. I have a K98 bayonet made by the Germans WW2, then modified and used by the Israeli Army. Also a VZ37 HMG, made in Czechoslovakia in WW2 for Germans but used again by the Israelis (That's now doing sterling service as a coffee table).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2008
  4. Enfield

Enfield New Member

Marlin, glad you like the look of all my junk - there is room for lots more too

Tranter, it is amazing what is still out there, sounds like with your job you get to be in the right place at the right time.

Like you I have a couple of bits from the Victory, one is a copper washer in the photo to the right of the bullet collection. It is incredible to think that this may have been at Trafalgar.

PS I was only joking about the Glocks, I thought that you were not too keen on them.

All the best

Enfield in NZ

5. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Show offs...

Our condo is so small I'm lucky to have a BATHroom, let alone a gun room.

6. Chris_k

Chris_k New Member

I know your pain. I have a gun CABINET. It has ROOM for all my guns. Does that count?

7. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Sadly it's not my job any more, well, it is but part time.

Spot on with the Glocks, I don't like them. I don't like plastic pistols, hammerless ones or ones without a manual safety. I know their popular, but not with me.

Nice to have the copper washer from the Victory. A real bit of history.

8. redhart

redhart New Member

9. Enfield

Enfield New Member

Don't dispair if you don't have much room and don't give up either.

A few small well chosen items can be great fun

I started in a small flat (Condo) with a few cherished items and it gradually grew much to my wifes concern. As the disease progresses you will find your self drawn to every junk shop in the area untill you have more than you know what to do with.:eek:

I have been told by my wife though that I am not allowed to clutter the rest of the house - I have however got one sword and two powder flasks on a wall in another room so we shall see what happens :D these things breed at night you know

Redhart you are most welcome, just one condition you make a large $ contribution to the collection fund :D

Cheers

Enfield in NZ

10. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

This isn't my personal "gun room", but it is where I work.

Attached Files:

11. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

And our "Reloading Room"

Attached Files:

12. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Impressive.

Also you might want to let the working parts forward on the suppressed Mac10, If that's what it is, the one by the alarm. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
  13. artabr

artabr New Member

Pkcgbifaid, what's the deal with the two benchrest rifles in the rack in the lower photo? Just curious. :confused: :)

Looks like my dream workplace. :eek: :D

Art

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  14. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

The rifles in the reloading room are personal rifles belonging to my co-workers and I. The "benchrest" rifles are actually Remington 700's we built up to go prairie dog shooting (it doesn't hardly qualify as "hunting").

The brown laminate stock with the heavy stainless barrel is my 25-06 that I've bedded and pillared. It has a Douglas Premium 1 1/4 inch straight taper barrel with a Vais muzzle brake and will shoot 1/2 moa all day long with my 85 Grain Nosler Ballistic Tip hand loads.

The blue marble is my co-workers 300 Rem Ultra Mag with a #9 or #8 contour Douglas Premium barrel with a Vais muzzle brake. It is bedded and pillared in a McMillan Bros. Tooley MBR stock with extra lead weight added to the stock and has a Premier Reticle 18-40X boosted Leupold scope. (this one might actually be for sale)

15. artabr

artabr New Member

Thanks for the anwser, I shoot NBRSA Hunter BR, and I was curious. Thought one of my shooting comrades might have went off the deep end! Just Kidding. :D :D

I have a 40x in 308win. that looks just like your rifle. You and your budd's have a nice set up.
    I would guess that a .300 Ultra Mag will do a number on a P. dog. :eek: :p :D :D

Art

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008