The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this Ruger P-89 at a local pawn store in like new unused condition . It's the last of the all metal 9mm auto pistols before they were made with plastic parts . I ran 150 rounds through it with three different magazines with no jams or malfunctions . It's built solid like a tank with minimal to no recoil . Has anyone out there shot this 9mm pistol ? This gun is a great shooter .

Attachments

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
I have shot it's brother. it was a KP89DC and a KP90DC. good handling and reliable function. at the same time my friend also lent me his Beretta 92. that thing just fit me better otherwise I would have one like yours.

·
Registered
840 Posts
:)I've had a p89dc for more than 20 years. Carried it for a while. Yep have shot a few times;). It's a great gun. It's now my wife's favorite handgun.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I picked up this Ruger P-89 at a local pawn store in like new unused condition . It's the last of the all metal 9mm auto pistols before they were made with plastic parts . I ran 150 rounds through it with three different magazines with no jams or malfunctions . It's built solid like a tank with minimal to no recoil . Has anyone out there shot this 9mm pistol ? This gun is a great shooter .
I bought one just like that back in the 90's ('sept mine had the DC on it) and did just part with it the last couple of years.
NEVER had a problem with it, GREAT shooter and as ACCURATE as h%$$!!!

I sorta wished I'd'a kept mine as I bought it new. But was in the market for a CCW at the time and had to let it go to get what I was after.

Built, like you said, like a tank and reliable as could be with about any ammo I put through mine...just a bit "bulky" was the only thing I could say about mine..other than that, not a thing negative to say about the one I had!

Congrats on your P-89...fine looking pistol!!!

·
Super Moderator
41,402 Posts
Now I have the Beach Boys stuck in my head!

I had a P89 years ago when they were first introduced. I very well built pistol, like all Rugers. You will be very happy with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts