Shield .45

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gdmoody, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Don Fischer

Don Fischer Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of DA revolver's but don't shoot them as much as my rifles. For carry I like low recoil and small. Mine is a Shield 9c, wouldn't want one in a 45 ACP, I can imagine the recoil! My 9mm holds 8+1, no idea what it would hold in 45. I suspect the 45 is a larger frame? Probably heavy too. I gave a carry gun a lot of thought and got the Shield 9c and love it for what I use it for.

gvw3 likes this.
  2. Kippy

Kippy Well-Known Member

The SIG P238 is my #1 favorite gun and my EDC. Just get the Sig back!
    20170523_132931.jpg

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I bought a Sig P-938 a year or so ago, which is the only reason why I traded the 238, but I have actually already thought of offering the Cattleman for the P-238, instead of the Shield!! He did tell me last Sunday that he was thinking of selling the P238!

Broot and Kippy like this.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

The trade fell through, I told him that I did not want to make the trade. He then offered me the Shield and a Mosin M-44 for the Ruger Vaquero .45 that I traded him out of a couple of years ago. I told him there was no way!

Broot and prescut like this.
  5. Sandman

Sandman Active Member

The recoil is actually not bad. I got one mainly because with the sale price and the $75 rebate, it was so cheap that I just couldn't pass. But the more I shoot it, the more I like it. In fact, I love it. Very accurate, the frame is basically the same as the 9MM. It is just a tiny hair thicker. The difference is so small that most holsters will fit the 9 or the 45. It holds 6+1 or 7+1 depending on which magazine you use. This was a fantastic buy.

That being said, I wouldn't have made the trade either. I would just buy the Shield .45. Just because the Uberti sounds like a lot of fun.

6. prescut

prescut Member

thanks gd for the clarification.
    I meant no disrespect to the shield. I bought one last year as a gift. I said it was the best buy in years. That's about as much praise as I give out.

At the time I wrote it, I was thinking of bottom loading magazines vs cylinders.
    However, I must honestly plead No Contest to the charge; my language may secretly reflect my wheelgun, smokewagon, sixshooter bias. My Navy son is constantly calling me an old fart for my hawglegs addiction. He is quick to tell me revolvers aren't pistols and what am I doing with his inheritance?

and let me end with that old clique:
    Some of my best friends are bottom feeders.

Don't you just love the english language.
    :)
    Prescut

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017 at 11:12 PM
    Broot likes this.