Shooter45's Race Gun

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/31/01 2:24:13 pm)
    Reply Shooter45's Race Gun
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please do not post till Sam has a chance to tell us all about this Super shooter. Sam had to work this evening, But he wanted the picture availabe for us to drool over till he gets here. I can hardly wait to hear all about this prize toy.

By the way, Sam I'll trade ole meantome for it.
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 8/31/01 5:56:38 pm

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (9/1/01 12:23:47 am)
    Reply Re: Shooter45's Race Gun
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last year after winning an IPSC limited match, I was talking to a couple of shooter's. One of them happened to have an open class pistol. He asked if I wanted to shoot it so I did. I was supprised at how fast it got on target with no upward recoil. I was hooked.
    I started reading and asking questions about these "race guns" and about a year later I started to build my 1st open class pistol.
    Most everyone at that time was shooting .38 super guns, so I Choose .40 S&W just to be different.
    I used an SVI Infinity Slide . I got an STI 2011 Modular frame in a trade, and installed Accu-Rails. The barrel is a Schuemann Ultimatch bull barrel. The compensator is by EGW. I used an Infinity interlocking trigger system. Most of the smaller parts are all Infinity. I decided on a C-More red dot sight to top it off.
    After a long fitting and testing process I applied a Teflon finish so I don't have to worry about scratches.
    I set this pistol up to shoot factory ammo and after working up different loads, I can finally shoot lead without any malfunctions.
    Then to the range for accuracy. It will group 1.25" if I do my part and is a pleasure to shoot. The trigger breaks clean at 2 lbs. with no creep.
    I spent a lot of time on this project and asked myself " Is it worth it", more than once. After shooting this pistol, I can say "Yes, It was".

Zigzag2
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/1/01 7:03:12 am)
    Re: Shooter45's Race Gun
    Nice looking weapon Shooter45, Very Nice Well done!

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/3/01 8:17:40 pm)
    Yea it nice and it WILL shoot! First hand experience here.

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/4/01 8:46:58 am)
    Don, you would have to add the "first hand experience part" to even touch that gun would be my dream come true, Glad you got to play with it. Drool for me, since I can't be there to do it for myself
    BlackGUN

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (9/4/01 9:42:09 am)

BlackGun, We will meet up one day soon and you can shoot this one all you want.

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/4/01 6:23:11 pm)
    Thanks Sam
    BlackGUN