The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shooters Pro Shop (Nosler) has factory over runs on their site; just came on today and sometimes go fast. Around half price what you'd normally pay. They had 30 cal 180 grain nos parts, silvertips. Also had some 270,7 mag, 6 mm, 204, and 250 grain 45 JHPs. Some others also. I got 8 ea 50ct boxes of the silver tips 30 cal, 180 grain. These are over runs, not seconds. I really like the Nosler Partitions in my 338 fed, 338 win mag, 7 mag, and 270; got over 40 boxes of them on my shelf so I'm trying the silver tips this time.

Check the site out if you reload Noslers

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
About 5 hrs back, there were close to 100 boxes of 30 cal 180 grain nos parts, down to 15 remaining boxes now. The 30 cal silver tips were all gone. Those nosler partitions are hard to beat with moose and also for bear. My family has shot around 30 moose with nosler partitions. Everytime, you will find the bullet inside the hide all the way through on back side and never had any moose walk off on us either. Luv them Noslers and the Pro Shop has made me a believer in all their products. Thank You Nosler.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I loaded the Nozler partition bullet for mule deer and elk, for many years, and never lost an animal.

·
Premium Member
18,747 Posts
thanks zhurn, i didn't know about shooters pro show. i signed up and ordered some .45colt for my henry rifle.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe, They use to have new over runs & seconds on their site every week; as of late not so much. When I saw them yesterday, I got 8 boxes of silvertips quick. I never used the silvertips but going to try them in my Scar. I got 600-700 .451 JHPs about a month back; I try to order from them at least once a month if they have something in stock. Trouble is they go too fast; you should see the 6.8s; they go in seconds it seems, ha ha.

I actually swear by the partitions in my medium range bolt guns; have shot both blk & grizz and the best I've found for moose, though with caribou, they sometimes exit the animal. I was gonna order 10 more boxes of 30 cal spitzers but they were out on Sat morning; they will have more through out the year.

I trader for a 22 henry from one of the Indians, nice gun but I prefer the 10-22 above my door. I don't have any 30-30s, the Indians all believe they are spiritual and have powers; they'd take a 30-30 over a 300 mag. No joke, those guys have killed more grizz with 30-30s than anything else. Does Henry make a nice 30-30? I'd like to get one; just to start reloading for. The Indians are forever beggin bullets from me as they spend all their money on other things than ammo. I tell them all to save the brass, I reload a couple hundred rounds/year for them guys. Good way to stay right and be seen as honorable with the local Indians as they all are big into sharing. Nothing worse for an Indian to have caribou everywhere and be outta ammo.

Anyway, keep checking Shooters Pro, they have got me preferring Nosler Bullets after buying on there, reloading, and getting lucky out and about.

·
Premium Member
18,747 Posts
zhurh, I'm not sure if HRAs makes a henry in .30-.30, my henry is a uberti repo 1860 model in .45 colt. I haven't used it for hunting yet, but next year i'll probably take it southern teir hunting here in NY. I'm not sure how i'll get around the 7 shot law here. i called the hot line and they said tubular mags would be included in the new law. It holds 12 shots , i usually only load 3 in guns when i'm out deer hunting, but i guess it has to be modified to hold no mory then 7. For my 7mm-08 i use nosler partitions150gr, and 30-06 150s or 165s. I saw that they had Etip 150s but i have never tried them.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was just watching a show I had dvr'd on dir tv, about Henry. They just started making 30-30s this past year. I always heard the Marlins and Mossbergs were the best 30-30s, but first thing I now check is the weight, after killing a few moose with my Armalite AR-10 in 338 fed; things feels heavier than a M-14.

I feel bad for you all in N.Y. I lived in Western Pa 50 miles south of Erie back until early 90s when we moved to Alaska; spent time in Southwestrn N.Y. I left Pa over the same feeling that it was going to get bad down the road (back East); wanted my kids to have a better existence than they would have had in Pa. and they do here in ALaska. Heck the kids even luv Alaska. Hope it all gets better, maybe after 2014 elections the dems will get booted out like in 94. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
18,747 Posts
i spent some time in alaska 4 yrs in the early 80's never shot a moose or bear. left on the alcan highway, i don't know how close you are to that. great time there at elmendorf afb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts