The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
i so want one

much prefer autos over wheels and i dolike the mag round but here if someone has one they keep it ..
We now have one thing we disagree on. ;) :D:D:D I just love the way a wheelgun feels and functions; something just grabs hold of me when I handle them. I have my share of semi-autos too though; still much fun!

Nice video work Duelist ! Is the AMT yours or your friends? Either way, gotta be a favorite shooter.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
i agree with woolleyworm,im a revolver man.i have semi autos but you only have to load a revolver once.to load a semi auto you must load three times.first you must load the magazine,then you must load gun with the magazine,then you must load a round in the chamber.nuf said old semperfi

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
i agree with woolleyworm,im a revolver man.i have semi autos but you only have to load a revolver once.to load a semi auto you must load three times.first you must load the magazine,then you must load gun with the magazine,then you must load a round in the chamber.nuf said old semperfi
Ah, but with a revolver you must load it at least 4 times, as each round is loaded Individually!!

Or if you use a Speed-Loader, you are still loading the loader, then loading the cylinder, then insert the cylinder...

The Solution to this is simple...get a Calico!!
You load the 100-round mags, release the spring tensioner, and store indefinately...
when needed, you wind the springs a few times before use...and fire all day long!!

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
hey, I like that thing. Wondering if the PMR will ever be available from keltec, only advantage I see is the mag capacity. But I'm betting the automag is a much better built gun.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
hey, I like that thing. Wondering if the PMR will ever be available from keltec, only advantage I see is the mag capacity. But I'm betting the automag is a much better built gun.
Lets just say that the Automag II has a serious flaw that I don't believe HS of Houston has addressed since they restarted it...
Oh, in case you didn't know, High Standard of Houston makes them now...at least the slides are more reliable now...still got one other issue...
I'll leave it up to you to research the repair forums elsewhere to find it ;)

So far, the Excell Accelerator Pistol works as advertised...but it only has a 10-rd capacity...and its blockyer than a Glock...

The Grendel P-30/P-31/R-31 work if you Goldenloki 'em...and keep 'em CLEAN...
One day I'll get my hands on a PMR & RMR, I'll probably Goldenloki them too and see where they go from there ;)

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
hmmm... thanks for the heads up Big Shrek!

probably be a while before a .22 mag pistol finds its way back to the top of my priority list after my NAA .22 mag PUG but I really do want one!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
curious about the automag II

mine shoots flawlessly.. what are the issues with it?
As long as you clean it real well after every range visit/hunting trip, no real problems...
but it definitely ain't something you wanna leave dirty...it'll go jam-o-matic real quick!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Does anyone make a Semi Auto .22 mag Rifle? I would buy one for sure.
Currently, the Keltec RMR-30, the Excell Accelerator, the Magnum Research 1022M, the Volquartzen 1022M, and the CZ 452 & 512.
Best of those would be the RMR-30 (30-rds per mag) and the VQ & CZ offerings.

In the past...
Marlin 922M (ROCKS!!)
Grendel R-31 (ROCKS!!)
H&R 700 (ROCKS!!)
Ruger 1022M (moderate success, stopped & started 5 times, then sold off to Magnum Research & Volquartzen)
The rest you can dig up, but ain't worth the time...few have ever succeded in making properly functioning .22WMR semi-auto's...
There is a trick to it, because the case just ain't made for semi-auto...
even necked down into .17HMR, it still has issues...hence why there are NO .17HMR semi-auto's anymore...

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Currently, the Keltec RMR-30, the Excell Accelerator, the Magnum Research 1022M, the Volquartzen 1022M, and the CZ 452 & 512.
Best of those would be the RMR-30 (30-rds per mag) and the VQ & CZ offerings.

In the past...
Marlin 922M (ROCKS!!)
Grendel R-31 (ROCKS!!)
H&R 700 (ROCKS!!)
Ruger 1022M (moderate success, stopped & started 5 times, then sold off to Magnum Research & Volquartzen)
The rest you can dig up, but ain't worth the time...few have ever succeded in making properly functioning .22WMR semi-auto's...
There is a trick to it, because the case just ain't made for semi-auto...
even necked down into .17HMR, it still has issues...hence why there are NO .17HMR semi-auto's anymore...
CZ worth buying and how much would one cost?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.